A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help with different levels!!!

resolved

I'm nearly going insane so please help me. I just published my site with a javascript popup (usual one). It works but here is the problem:

On my site, i've got three buttons. On release they are supposed to show a movie on level 2. But on my released site it does not work at all. It shows nothing on level 2.
    If I release my site without javascript popup, just in normal explorer window it works. Why doesn't it work with a popup window? Is this a common problem or do I have to change anything. (maybe write the location of the the level 2 .swf anywhere in my index.html?)
    Here is my index.html:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) { newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures); }
    </script>
    <TITLE>home</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000">
    <OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0"
    WIDTH=150% HEIGHT=150%>swLiveConnect=true NAME=home.swf
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="home.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> <EMBED src="home.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=150% HEIGHT=150% TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Please heeeeelllppp meeee!!!
    Thanx

Use an absolute path to your level2 swf file. That will fix it.

Regards,
    Shad0w

Thanx for your reply. I'm a kind of newbie in publishing so: what do you mean with "absolut path"? How do I do this? In Flash, in the index.html or on my server? I don't get it. Sorry to bother you

In your Flash movie, where you load the swf file into level, specify the path to the file as an absolute, not a reletive path. I think this is the problem.

Regards,
    Shad0w

Hi shadow,

Im so sorry and I'm feeling very newbie but I still don't get it. Can you give me an example. At present, this is my button on release script:

on (release) {
    loadMovieNum ("olafoto.swf", 2);
    }

What Do I have to change?

Thanx a lot.

on (release) {
    loadMovieNum ("olafoto.swf", 2);
    }

You have used a relative path, you need to use an absolute path like below,

on (release) {
    loadMovieNum ("http://www.yourdomain.com/olafoto.swf", 2);
    }

You need to include the full address of the file basically, not just the filename.....