A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Borderless Standalone

Hey guys,

Just curious...

I saw a flash application the other day and several stand alone's and they were all borderless. One was actually in the shape of a circle. How can I do this?

This is done with third party tools like Swiff Canvas, Jugglor + JShaper, and I think SWF Studio.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Yep, SWF Studio can create shaped projectors, that's been a feature since the first release. In fact, you can have multiple shapes (clipping regions) and activate them at will. There's a useless but cool example in the gallery of a rotating egg. I'll be adding a new one shortly that uses multiple clipping regions as well. This makes for some very cool effects.

http://www.northcode.com/studio/gallery/index.html

Thank you guys.

Now, where can I pick those programs up and how much do they roughly cost?

SWF Studio (www.northcode.com) is $139 US or $100 if you're a MMUG member.

Swiff Canvas (www.swifftools.com) is $150 US

Jugglor (www.***********.com) is $99 US and JShapor is $69 US ($168 for both)

SWF Studio includes free plugins and features that you'll have to pay extra for elsewhere. There's a feature/price comparison between SWF Studio and *********** at http://www.northcode.com/studio/feat...ashjester.html (more comparisons are coming).

SWF Studio also allows you to produce projectors and screen savers with the same tool (no more $). If you ever plan to build screen savers you'll need to spend another $150 at SwiffTools for ScreenWeaver and $595 (or more) at *********** for Creator Pro.

I want to add that if you Purchase Flash Jesters Jugglor and all of the J tools it is over $500 hence I would not recommend it if you are wanting to do anything more than what can be done with a packaging utility and a Resource editor like EXEScope or Resource Hacker.

Pretty much everthing Jugglor alone can do can be done with free tools. The Flah Tools applicattion will even do what JLuanchher and Jrun will do for free.

If you want to do some serious EXE modification SWF Studio is the program that will give you the most functionality for your money.

What is the MMUG?

MMUG = Macromedia User Group. Northern Codeworks is a member of the MMUG partner program and offers members discounts on our products.