A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash site design question? URGENT!!!

hi!! im having a little problem.. I have a site that is completly flash. The main page with the interface has 6 links on it to differnt sections of my site all in flash. im trying to figure out how to preload each page with the main interface still on the screen to make the transitions smooth. I have tried putting each section in a new scene but cant figure out how to get it to work.. Please if anyone knows of a tutorial or has a suggestion i would greatly appreciate it. If you have no idea what im talking about or want to see what im trying to explain this site is a perfect example.... http://www.2advanced.com... thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Señor member
    the easiest way to do it would be to make all you movie scenes as it sounds like you have already and then make the boarder/frame the same on each scene and load your movies with the pre loaders displaying in the middle. Be careful about using the same design as 2advanced though, there is a concensus of thought that there are too many clones around already. For what it's worth, I don't have any issue with them, if it ain't broke, don't fix it good luck.

i did that with no luck

i put each page of the movie in there own scence but each time i clicked on a link to take me to say 3,4,5 scene 1 and 2 hadnt loaded yet so scene 3,4 and 5 couldnt even start to play yet. i put preloaders in each scene but the preloaders wont even show up until the earlier scenes have loaded... what do i do about that????????