A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tutorial Help

hey!
    I need some help with a tutorial. I know that this is quite embarrassing but nevertheless I'll post it:

I've read the tutorial for creating lighting effects. It worked all fine till i was told to manipulate the light beam effect. Sorry, but I really don't understand what to do there (i know it's silly!) :-(
    But could PLEEAASEE somebody explain it to me?

Thanks a lot!!

Ah, I see why it is confusing.
    Er - I'll see if I can explain it better. (although - I'm not that good at explaining things...)

1) First, the letter layer (in the tutorial it is called 'F')needs to have a start, and a finish keyframe. The start keyframe should have 0% alpha and the finish keyframe will have 100% alpha. This means that it'll start black and gradually fade to white.

2) Second, the F-Light layer needs to have 3 keyframes. The first keyframe is set to 0% alpha, the second keyframe is set to 100% and the third keyframe is set to 0%. This means that it'll start black, turn to white, and fade back into black.

3) Finally, the actual size of the light (the F-light layer)needs to be modified. So, if I recall correctly, at the first keyframe the light is scaled to a small size, the second keyframe the light is scaled to a large size, and the third keyframe is once again a small size.

Er.. hope that helps