dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Has anyone taken the MMCP (Macromedia Certified Professional) test?

I am looking into taking the Web Developer test - anyone looked into it further or taken the test? I would love some info on what to look forward to. Thanks!

http://www.allaire.com/services/trai...Exam/index.cfm

Click here to see this topic discussed previously here in the boardroom. Glad to see you working towards bettering yourself! Keep it up!

I think that thread is for something different - this certification deals mainly with HTML - DTHML - CSS and the likes and shys from hardcore Macromedia products (I guess that's why it's on Allaire rather than Macromedia even though they merged). Take a look at that URL I sent please - am I wrong?

Sorry!
    There I went, jumping to conclusion
    I have not taken, nor have I heard of anyone who has taken, this certification. Although, I don't really see where it would hurt! It's only $100, it looks like, and for the privilege to add a well-known name to your resume' , it might well be worth it.

Macromedia has taken over this initiative from allaire, and is now the sponsor of it. The certification actually comes from Virtual University Enterprise, which is pretty well known. http://www.vue.com/macromedia/

Hopefully someone else here has actually taken this exam and can give more advice on it. Good luck!