A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Full color TrueType Fonts

Smile

Does anyone know of any programs that I can creat full color 24-bit fonts with? For example, if I want to create a full color chrome font set. The programs that I have looked at so far, convert any image that I import to 1-bit black and whit images. I want the image to remain in full color, so that I have a full color chrome letter a, b, c, etc. Can this be done with TrueType?

Thank you for your help.

probably not, because they are vector graphics...I'm not sure why you'de want a full colour font though. Couldn't you just give it colour and texture in photoshop? Or did I miss something?

Actually, I'm trying to set up some font sets for designs where I know I'm going to use the same effect/resolution/size without having to run an action on each project.

Fonts can only be in one colour, and that also mean no graduated tones!

To achieve the effect you are after you would have to create 'n' fonts that you would overlap, to create the full colour effect ..... would be A LOAD of work though!

Basically .... this route isn't the right one!

Where would I find more information on "creating 'n' fonts?

Originally posted by tone001
    Fonts can only be in one colour, and that also mean no graduated tones!

To achieve the effect you are after you would have to create 'n' fonts that you would overlap, to create the full colour effect ..... would be A LOAD of work though!

Basically .... this route isn't the right one!

Dunno .... i have a few fonts that are designed to be 'over-printed' to create two colour effects .... and I once designed a font that created a 6 colour logo when you over-printed the right characters.

Basically its a job for a decent vector package to create the different spot layers (eg base, outline, fill 1, fill 2 etc), then you'll need to export them with some object to guarentee that they will all register.

Then in Flash you would need to have a load of text boxes in different colours with the same variable in.

Now of course this is a HUGE amount of work .... I personally would attack this problem a different way, and that is entirely using vector based characters in a movie clip and duplication .... I've used this approach before and its very good for heading text ... ( but far too slow for bodytext) ... if you need more help about this approach ... shout!

I agree that I should take a different approach.

Thanks for your help.