A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: targetting loaded swf's with a stop on their first frame while doing other stuff

Dear Flashers,

I am working with a file and am trying to figure this thing out and hope some of you may have some ideas - I'm loading 9-11 separate swf's into a web site - the swf's are being loaded chronologically - the first one loads, the second one doesn't start loading till the first one is done, etc. -
    users will know when a section is loaded cause a button will change color indicating that section is loaded. my problem is this:

each section is moving content - like a little mini presentation, and so I need to put a stop on each of the first frames for the 9-11 swf's I'm loading. I am having trouble figuring out how to tell the swf's from inside my movie (using tell target once a button is pushed) - I have been using a button with an MC inside it (for the button to activate the swf using a tell target) and maybe that's where I am going wrong. I'm trying to work it so that when the button is clicked - the timeline will move forward in the timeline and also tell target the swf to go to and play frame 2. - for some reason it's not working.

sorry for the length - any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Donny

sounds like it could be a path problem. Where you need to be more specific for flash to find the clips like _root.level1.movieclip. etc. You may want to post this in actionscripting help.

____
    Mike