A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: everyone....help!

I'm working on a flash product demo for this company.. they are paying me well and expect results... I'm about half way through it and then yesterday I get a "flash.exe has generated errors and will be shut down". That .fla is now completely corrupt can't export to .swf or open a new movie and share the library... So here I am feeling completely screwed.
    this is the question.. the demo is layed out as some stuff on the main timeline and a movie on that timeline that is holding most of the content so far (1800 frames, it plays like a movie)... is there a limit to the size of an embedded movie or something similar to that that could be causeing the file to go wacko? I spent 6 hours yesterday getting the archived version up to where the bug occured and I got the damn crash again! Really hoping this is something to do with the application...so the company just bought me a new copy of flash 5 and I'm working with it now on the old archived file....

have you guys ever had this happen???? I'm truly praying that it was just an application screw up and not some thing in the .fla because if it is I'm beyond screwed.!!!

help appreciated

brandon

I've got many archived versions of the demo

If you suppose it to be caused of the size of the file (frames) then why don't you devide it in let's say 2 mcs: one in the 1st frame and another in the 1st too, each containing 1000 frames. I easily worked with 3 movies with 1350 frames each.
    You should not forget to stop the second movie clip and make it play() again in the end of the 1st mc. that seem to work right.

Always ready to help you, your petich.
    http://www.petich.nm.ru

Ok now I'm screwed

ahahahahhahahahahhah...heh

well... the f$^&ing .fla crashed just about 20 minutes ago on the new application after about 3.5 hours of redoing already redone work.. IT crashed at about the same point (frame 1860) as before, so I'm thinking that it has something to do with this movie length ... I'm going to take your advice petich (thanks alot ) and break it up into a few movie clips... here the deal... I need to be able to point back and forth to each other (the end of the first movie clip will have the nav) this can be done with 'telltarget' or 'with' right... I really appreciate your help in this...

I am truly about to go psycho on the next person I see.

you rool.

brandon

Working between movies

That would work with the telltarget yes...or you can give commands directly... just be sure to point to the root/movieclipX/Whatever and not to just the whatever... (i encourted this problem...stupid me) ah well, hope this does somethin for ya....im new to the board and am just trying to help out..lol