A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: movie in window sizes

am using javascript[as percentage of screen for different resoluitions] to open a window for the flash movie and want to know if i should use the "exact fit" in the html or alter the percentage to fit the window correct or will this cause distortion to the movie.does that make sense??
    is there a correct size for a flash movie i should know about ..i think i should make a movie and embed it in the page and then use the javascript {with available screen size percentage] open window function to make a window to fit the movie ???

http://website.lineone.net/~originaltemple/

caithness massiv
    if you want the movie to 'scale' proportionately to the size of the window, the publish the html as 'percentage'

otherwise, i usually publish in pixels

it really depends on how many raster images you use... if you are using quite a bit, then i would not use the % javascript, but would instead opt for the direct sizing of the browser window

however, if your images are predominantly vector format, then i would most definitely opt for the percentage method, because it utilizes a wonderful feature of flash (and vector) which is scaling to fit

i hope this helps!

caithness massiv
    in addition.... you need to keep in mind that some text scales better than others

if you opt for publishing in a 'percentage' format, keep in mind that the curvier your text is, the more distorted it will become on smaller resolutions