I have created a web site. It is all on one page, and works by calling up swf files in to the _root page, (so it's easy to change the menu, and edit the pages). Then to get rid of them, calling up the next swf file into the same level.

It worked fine, until it was decided that the introductory page was a bit large, and so it should become a movie clip, and a preloader should be added.

This meant that when the intro page was loaded, (being an mc) any swf pages on display would stay there. I got round this by loading a completely blank swf, and then calling mp the mc. But, the intro mc always comes up before the blank swf has replaced a swf with content, so there are essentially 2 pages with content on display for a second or two. This looks rather stupid.

So... Has anyone got any idea how I can stop this from happening? The page is 1 frame long, and to add frames would be quite time consuming, (and a bit of a nightmare).

I have also tried calling up the mc from the blank swf, (but it doesn't want to work.) I can't thnk of how to do an else if for an imported swf on one frame either, so basically I am pretty stuck.

Anyway, enough ranting.

Cheers,

Edd