A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Convert Normal Pictures into Cartoonish Pics??

ok i am not very sure if you can do this on flash thats why im asking, i have a picture that i want to make look cartoonish is there anyway you can do this? would be very grateful for help cheers

hoplaa

you can try to trace bitmap thingy.. modify > trace bitmap

just test with different options and i think you can get lil' closer to cartoon looks

cheers i'll give it a try

Smile :)

happy to help you..

i found out that by this ou can make pretty neat garphics very easily but be carefull to make too sharp garphics cuz the file size will get huge and you know that nobody likes that ..

If you go to Help > Using Flash 5 and do a search for Trace Bitmap it tells you how to adjust the settings on that feature in order to get good quality. Be careful though, I set mine to make the picture as realistic as possible and it crashed my pc. I am running a PIII-500 with 384 MB RAM and it totally crapped out! Just a little tip...

sydron is right! if you will make the image really tight and wanna make it look almost the same it will make ya cpu suffer :/ i've had also the same probs with my old pc.. PII/500 just ain't enough..

yeah i noticed that i have a amd 3d 550mhz with 256mb of memory and damn it suffered, i was acctually thinking of upgrading so this might motivate me to do it now, till then i'll have to do with out it but thanks anyways guys

try a filter

There are several filters you can try in Photoshop that will change the entire look of the photo. Also other image editing programs have custom filters too. Then save as a bitmap and import into Flash and THEN trace the bitmap and get rid of unwanted pixels. You might get a more 'custom' look. Good luck!

'ding'

cheers man, i tried some of the photoshop plug in's i have but there pretty crap so i'll have to search for some, i was acctually thinking of getting a graphics tablet and drawing it, but i aint sure if u can use a graphics tablet in flash??? i know i could use it in another prog then import it into flash though so all is good

You can use a graphics tablet in flash as far as I know. I am pretty sure you can use it just as you would your mouse with the pen tool. Maybe someone could confirm that before you go out and buy one though.

yes

Yes, you can use a graphics tablet with any application. It just takes the place of your mouse, although you can have them both hooked up and useable at the same time. So go ahead and look at some graphics tablets! Wacom is the best, if you ask me. Buy the best one that you are able to afford.

'ding'