A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Undocumented" FSCommands for projector

Smile

Hey everyone,

I've seen a post similar to this, but the thread (died), and so I though i would attempt to revive it.

I think it would be a great idea if we, as the Flash community, could share each others knowledge in regards to undocumented fscommands for the Projector. So let me begin it with this one that I have recently learned of:

fscommand("trapAllKeys", true) - this one disables all keypresses (like the annoying <ESC>) that minimizes a fullscreen projector to a small window.

Hope I get some positive feedback

Thanks all!

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

"trapallkeys" isn't undocumented, but "save" is If you want a nice little fscommand reference and resource for some cool tricks check out Les Paone's Flash page at http://www.ci-berpages.com/flash/flash.htm

Hi gholland554,

I'm not that adept with actionscript so don't have any fscommands to share, but tried using your "trapAllKeys"
    command and found it is not working. What could b wrong??

Regards & Thanx,
    Avi

Are you using Flash 5? The trapallkeys command was added in Flash 5.

Hi northcode,

Yes, i did try it on Flash4. So does it mean that I cannot do or use anymore fscommands in Flash4, other than what are provided by default??

Originally posted by Northcode

"trapallkeys" isn't undocumented, but "save" is If you want a nice little fscommand reference and resource for some cool tricks check out Les Paone's Flash page at http://www.ci-berpages.com/flash/flash.htm

Thank you for this link. "Save" command work under Win 2000 by using command.com program. BTW, do you know how to realize the same "Save" under Mac OS?

avrinder You can use the command in your Flash 4 movies if you make the EXE with the Flash 5 player. It's the container that implements the FSCommands. That's why SWF Studio (www.northcode.com) cna add over 40 new commands that can be used in Flash 4 or 5.

Reder I don't know if the "save" command works on the MAC or not. I wouldn't recommend becoming dependent on it though. MM warned people in the macromedia.flash forum that its inclusion in the Flash player was accidental and it may disappear at any time.