A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Projector on CD without needing Flash on Host Computer

Hi,
    I have created a projector file using Flash 5 and FMProjector from Flashants (For embedded Mpeg) and I need to know how I can get the projector file to run from the CD without having to worry that the host computer doesn't have a Flash player or programme for running the projector file.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

You may put "InstallAxFlash.Exe" into the CD-ROM. Then
    If there is no flash plugin installed on user's machine or the version on
    user's machine is older than
    you, fmprojector will run "InstallAXFlash.exe" from fmprojector directory.

you may apply a flash play distribution license from macromedia, it's free!
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/sh.../license.fhtml

then you can download flashplayer5installer.exe from macromedia web site.you can rename flashplayer5installer.exe to installaxflash.exe!
    then the fmprojector will install the flash player if the flash version in user system is older than yours!

if you have any questions, you may contact support@flashants.com

I thought all you needed to do was create an EXE file when you publish the flash file. You don't need FLash at all on the computer, then, do you? I thought an EXE was completely self contained.

For some reason, FMProjector requires Flash to be on the computer (along with a few other programs if you are playing video). The Flash Ants program isn't a fully self contained Flash Projector such that Macromedia's Projector is.

This is a very unfortunate limitation of that program.

Lazarus:

My fault. Completly missed the fact that flute was using FMProjector.

Thanks for clarifying that!

No Problem!

Many people have mistaken that FMProjecter has Flash projector already included. However, it requires Flash 4+ preinstalled or as BigMouse pointed out, having your projector call a Flash installer.

A major problem would be if you are attempting to run your FMProjector on a WinNT workstation (which I have had to do before and ran into problems). Many times, a system administrator will lock out a change such as installing a new system program such as Flash Player. So, without special permissions, you would not be able to install Flash automatically.

A work around would be to create an installation program that checks for Flash and installs the player if not installed. You can over-ride the permission restrictions with the installer if the SysAdmin will allow you to install regular programs to the workstation. From there, install the FMProjector.

Of course, all of this is a pain in the neck to make this work on a WinNT workstation with no Flash installed.

Good luck!

Laz