dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mouse over

resolved

mouse over
    ok here is what i did i made a button with a link but i also want it so when you mouseover the button a movie clip is triggered to play.....

i got the button and the link to work
    now all i got to do is get the movie clip to work
    so i added another action of
    on (roll over) {
    but now i havent a clue on what action to put to make the movie clip play
    maybe loadmovie or something???

place your movie clip inside your button in the over state frame.

hope this helps
    dalara-rian

Smile lol

sweet thanks, that was pretty easy lol it worked

Smile

Originally posted by TRP_Topdawg
    mouse over
    ok here is what i did i made a button with a link but i also want it so when you mouseover the button a movie clip is triggered to play.....

i got the button and the link to work
    now all i got to do is get the movie clip to work
    so i added another action of
    on (roll over) {
    but now i havent a clue on what action to put to make the movie clip play
    maybe loadmovie or something???

[B]HI there,
    To start off, Open Flash 5 and create any object you desire. Select the entire object, and click "F8" Select "Button" or the one in the middle. Press OK. Now go to EDIT > EDIT SYMBOLS. Right Click on the "UP" Frame. Select your entire object and press "F8" and choose "Movie Clip." Now right click on the "OVER" frame and choose "Insert Keyframe."
    Go to EDIT > EDIT SELECTED. This is where your animation goes, or whatever you want the object to do when your mouse is over it. Ok, go back to scene 1 after you have decided on an animation by going to MODIFY > SCENE... and in the box that appears, click where it says "SCENE 1." Are you still with me? Great!

NEXT...
    If you made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back! Here's what to do now... Select you main object on Scene 1, and go to EDIT > EDIT SYMBOLS. Select the "UP" frame and go to MODIFY > Break Apart.

FINISHING UP
    Press CTRL + ENTER to test your movie. To make the animation even smoother, go to MODIFY > MOVIE and change the Frame rate to 20 fps!!! I think I've been able to help you understand this simple technique![B]

hmm

ok i got the rollover part to work thanks for you help now i have a new challenge to overcome.. i want it so when you click on the button a movie clip is triggered preatty much the same way as the rollover but except on release... i tryed to put the movie clip on the hit part of the button but did not work? how do i make the movie clip play with the click of the button

big peni5

Re: hmm

do an animation for the movie clip, but dont start the animation sequence at the first frame. start it off from the second frame.

on the first frame of the animation add a stop action

stop();

then on the main stage right click that particular movie clip and paste this in to the actions tab:

onClipEvent (mouseDown) {
    tellTarget (_root.moviename) {
    gotoAndPlay (2);
    }
    }

'moviename' is obviously where you enter the name of your movie clip

Smile awsome

hay thanks i got it to work sweet thanks a bunch... i would have never figured that one out...
    thanks