A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Direct Mail.... have you designed some?

I have just been asked to create a direct mail campaign for work that is going to go out to 6000 of our customers.

I have some ideas, but I am trying to think of something really cool.. and was wondering if anyone else has done something similar...

Thanks

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Sorry to sound stupid,
    But is direct mail like SPAM

You could use flash to create a CD to mail out. THat would defin be cool but I don't know if it would be approved by whoever. I'm going to start work on one next week, for fun

I started out working for a catalog company. So, yes I've done direct mail and most of it was really bad (this is mostly due to a boss who hated anything that even had the smallest hint of cool design to it.)
    To design something really cool--well, what is the budget like? The cd idea is really cool. You could also do something on the business card sized cds and include it on the mailer. My guess is you're gonna need something eyecatching to even get past the "JunkMail I'm taking this straight to the trash" attitude. Try to stick with something simple, not too complicated, and make sure you use white space. That will make you stand out from the rest of the junk mail your customers will receive. Good luck, designing good direct mail is probably one of the most creative intensive design excercises.

Spam.. blah!

I hate getting spam in my intray in my email...

but this direct mailer I guess you could call spam, but it is going snail mail...

Not everything is now online :P

I have come up with an idea... but will most more about it when it is done.

it is going to go out to about 6000 clients... so it's gotta be good

should anyone want me to send them one once it is finished, email me...

cheers