A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: multiple movie preload

HI!
    Here is my situation. I have a series of swfs that need to be run one right after the other. Is there a way for me to preload the next one while the current one is playing so that I don't have to wait at the end of the current swf to load the next one? I guess what i'm asking is that is there a way to preload the next movie and stop it(rather than let it play) while the current clip is playing? PLEASE HELP!

Hi

You could try this.
    Put stop at frame1 in every swf you are loading. And delete all graphics in frame1 so it is empty. Also put code in frame1 to load next swf.
    In last frame of swf put

Begin Tell Target ("name_of_next_mc")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target

And next swf is already ready to play.

Thanks for the help...I messed up a little though...I am trying to do it in flsah 5 not 4. what changes need to be made so that it will work in 5 as well?

Nothing to change

Just use action:

tellTarget ("name_of_next_mc") {
    gotoAndPlay (2);
    }

I'm afraid that it didn't help me too much...I forgot to mention that each swf consists of one frame. The one frame has a inserted jpg and a sound clip that lasts from 30seconds to 3 minutes. with this situation, would/should the previous technique still work? If not, what needs to be done. Thanks for all the help and patience.

Hmm...
    If you only got 1 frame, then you can't stop sound playing when it is loaded. Not in Flash4 anyway. Don't know about Flash5.