A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fonts-Plz help me

Hi! Flashkit.com has a lot of cool Fonts. But how could i install them? If i want to use it in Flash 5? Can you give me a deateiled answer? :-(

You basically have two options.

1. If your on a PC, locate your fonts folder, the path should be something like C:\WINDOWS\FONTS. Then just simply put your downloaded fonts into this folder and they are installed. Make sure you restart whatever program your working in, for example flash, in order to see the newly installed fonts. The only trouble with this method, is that, this means that these fonts are always "on", which uses memory.

2. A different solution is to download/purchase a font viewer/manager such as Adobe Type Manager, Fontnav, Suitcase(for the Mac). These programs allow you to put all of your fonts into a folder seperate from your system fonts, and then you can install and uninstall them, as you need the fonts. If you have too many fonts installed, this will effect your system's performance. Also, be very careful regarding uninstalling fonts that are located in the system fonts folder, Windows requires certain fonts to function properly. If your unsure, don't uninstall a windows system font.

If you working on a Mac, the rules above are generally the same, but just do a search for "fonts", to locate the system fonts.

I hope this helps.