dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie Explorer -= Whats the Use?

Hey guys, I was just wondering. Does anyone use the Movie Explorer in Flash 5? If so, whats the use? Im looking at it in my movie and it just lists all of my elements. Isnt that what the library is for? Does it have some purpose Im not seeing?

ummmmmmm...........

there is a movie explorer?

Andele YAYAYYYAYAYA! I use it very selten, it just helps to have a better view of your work!!!!!!!
    Viva Zapata!

oiy!!
    Gracias sombrero taco!

its really good if u download fla's from here or somewhere else, u can see exactly where sctions are and on what shapes , boxes etc. Apart from see what is in your movie, i dont se what else it can really do!

Once, it saved me from a burning building. I guess we should keep it around for that, if nothing else.

For starters it shows ALL elements i.e. (code too!) not like the library, which just shows symbols.

Also, you can print all your code for the whole movie; copy it to your clipboard and search for any bit of code that exists, which is great for debugging.

You can also go directly to the movieClips code you want to edit rather than clicking down multiple levels from the stage.

I use it allot to find stray font symbols that got used accidentally or i forgot to change to be the same as in other movies for optimising code though most of the time.

Basically it just saves loads of time fumbling around in a maze of movieClips and gives you a hierarchical view of things!

Sam