A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: NEED HELP

Hi guys. I need an idea for a logo for my new company's site http://perceptnetworks.net Would be a great help if you guys could just throw some ideas out and help me think!

Don't know about a logo, but thought I'd put in a few thoughts about some things.

First off, why does your site look almost identical to
    http://www.dreamincode.net ?

Next, you have Flashkit listed as an affiliate. In the true sense of the word, I don't think you have an affiliation with them, and I don't think they're an affiliate in business with you.

The intro on your site: First, you need a skip intro button. Also, I was a bit curious as to how heavy music identifies with your company?

Again, I don't know about a logo. I guess you could turn to the dreamincode site for inspiration. I don't see your name on their site anywhere, so I'm not sure if you know them at all.

mg33

allrighty, mr rocherster, i am a mod at dreamincode, we have had people try to take the look of dreamincode before, i will be notifying the webmaster of dreamincode.net about your obvious plagirism.

Whhyyyyy isn't this nice!!! Hey there slothie, boy oh boy... I'm an admin at d.i.c and sorta assistant web developer, and recently we had someone rip some stuff from our boards, and well, needless to say chris wasn't happy at all, I'd hate to see the look on his face now.
    [Edited by o0o_LEP_o0o on 07-26-2001 at 12:08 AM]

rochestersolutions,

I think it would be a good idea to say something here. I think that you've read this thread, because you've added the skip intro button.

These guys from dreamincode are right, it's obvious you've ripped the design from their site, my guess is you've saved the html code and all the images and added whatever you needed to. I'm taking their word for it.

However, if I find out that the graphics in question are a template from somewhere on the web, I'm never speaking to any of you again.

mg33

Well the creator of the site, is out bowling right now, and I'm sure he'd varify everything for ya he's a mod on here somewere I think.. His names like SpyderTL.com i think, not to sure, but I know for sure he made the site, But I know my word don't mean much to ya.

chris(the webmaster) does it all himself. same with the last the old version of d.i.c and yea, i noticed the button added too, so hes reading this, i gots the emails from the site the ripoff site though, in the contact section, if that guy is getting paid, well, it wont be pretty.

It's the same code as yesterday, this mornin I noticed the bottom bevel was not touching the squares, and the cell space was 4 so I changed the home page the then IB templates.. and I also made that IE 5.5 scoll bar. he pretty much ripped it all, This is pathetic, and we actualy just got this new layout up a lil while ago to, like last week!

it wont even be a week until friday, i remember cause chris said the only reason he got the update done was the fact that the radio was playing techno which is the only thing he can work with.

dream.in.code
    I would like to say a few things on dream.in.code's behalf

As the webmaster (skyhawk133) of dream.in.code and the designer/developer/dude that runs the whole gig, I'd like to say this: I really am surprised that my site has been copied, not surprised in a bad way though. Imagine having something so good... A car, art, fashion, etc. etc..... it really is a cool thing to see my design being copied.

The reason I get angry is this, I'm not given credit for my work, I am an artist in a sense and my site is a piece of art. Copying is fine and I'm all for it, do it myself even... but it's when there is no credit given that I get angry.

I'm really not angry at this copy because it tells me people like my work, but if you are reading this, I would like some credit.

For those skeptics who may say my design is not an original, I have the original PSD for the 3 different versions of the design so you can see my little comments, tricks, etc. etc. that wouldn't be in a "template site"

So with that said, Keep the design, PLEASE! But put a little link to my site and something saying, site design from dream.in.code

That's all I have to say, I'm not angry I'm not going to sue you, I'm not going to hunt you down and kill your dog and steal your wife, but I link would be nice

That's it,
    Buh Bye!