A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i cant install any new fonts

normally when u go to the control panel and click on fonts it brings up a window where u click file-install new fonts. but when i click on it form the control panel it just brings up a plain old window, no install font option, upon further inspection i noticed that the fonts folder in my control panel is just a shortcut to c:\windows\fonts. i tried just copying the .ttf files to that dir, but that didn't work. how can i install any new fonts, or at least find the special window with that option.

If you're unzipping from a Zip file, with WinZIP, sometimes there are folders in the Zip file. You don't see them in WinZIP though. What I normally do is I have a special folder on my harddrive called 'Unzipped Fonts'. When I download a font, I put it in the folder 'Font Downloads' I made. From that folder, I unzip them to the Unzipped Fonts folder, and from there I drag the fonts toward the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. That should help

You might also wish to check if your fonts folder is full - there is a limit of about 1000 fonts, and you may need to do some housecleaning. The first place I would suggest is to see if you have a number of fonts with multiple variants, and do you need all of them.

Cheers,

Flick

ok i usually just unzip my stuff into unzipped. there were no folders that i can tell of. usually there is an instal new fonts item in the file menu of the fonts, but its gone now!!, and when i drag the fonts i dl(those are *.ttf's) but they dont show up in any programs, although i only need them in flash. the version of these fonts i get are macromedia fontographer, does this mean anything. i was also wondering if photoshop svg viewer, for some weird reason had anything to do it. i really need help cause all of my fonts looks like crap when they are small. another thing, i have about 230 fonts, so i dont think thats a prob, nor do i have many variations of any font.

i really really need ur help to get this to work, cause i have squat for fonts right now.

Sounds like you've got some real puzzling things going on there. See if this helps any:

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/help/...ingfonts.shtml

--Chuck
    http://www.letterheadfonts.com