A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Chinese Fonts in Flash?

Anybody knows how to input chinese fonts in flash. Is there a Chinese font set for Flash? If so, can anyone direct me to download the font?

Thanks
    espc507

Someone asked this the other day, and there was only my feeble reply ... which is:

Chinese fonts are multi-byte, which essentially means they use two characters storage for each character displayed. (this also means the font files can be several megabytes big!)

To use them in flash you are going to need a way to enter them and some fonts you can get both from the MS site in international font support. However I believe you may need a special version of Flash as well .... I'm not sure about that though.

When I had to do some japanese recently I resorted to doing it as vector graphics, in the end it seemed a lot easier.

for english win user...errr.. i think.....

just use an external VECTOR editing program such as illustrator or freehand

convert all the chinese words to outlines or to vector graphics the import in flash

do it word by word or sentence by sentence...

thats the only way i found doing it in win2k

however i can't figure out how to make a lot of the chinese fonts to be recognised in win2k...n most of the ones that doesn't work have chinese names...while the one that works usually larger in file size but have both english n chinese name.... too bad the CD wif chinese fonts that i bought don't work but the free ones n the one from microsoft arent that bad