A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Moving objects with the arrow keys?

In Adobe, you can hold down the shift key when you're moving an item and it moves in a straight line from the origin point. Does Swift3D have anything akin to this?

What about an align option?

Finally, is there a way to reset a camera to 0 x 0 degree?

-ALEX

Not yet...

Unfortunately, Swift 3D does not have any of those features. The alignment option and the nudge keys are must have features in our Version 2.0 release (early 2001) since we've had so many requests for those abilities. As for the reset camera function, the closest thing Swift 3D has is the Zoom Camera Extents button that will center the camera on your scene and either zomm in or out so that your entire scene is contained within the viewport.

ergh?

And that button is where?

-ALEX

Take a look in your main toolbar along the top. It's the magnifying glass. You can also look these things up in the User Guide (PDF on your Start Menu if you've got the download version).

alignment pallete

Yo!!!

It's coming, it's a great tool and in demand.

Dawg

It IS a great tool....

.. that has a LOT of room to grow. I spent the day yesterday going through the program, and I love it. I see where it can be improved, but I'll save most of my comments for this halo'd v2.0 we'll be seeing soon.

Keep up the good work. And give me a centerpoint!

-ALEX