A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift 3D - Max v.3

Hmm, money down the drain or can someone please tell me how to get simple output from this thing without having to go through the exported swf in Flash, frame by frame, deleting the unwanted artifacts created during the render!

Every single frame of a simple 40 frame anim of a rotating K has got a few "rogue" lines or fills added to one or other of the extremities of the "k".

Used Average Cartoon Fill as the export, Production render, 25fps.

Any further info can be posted. It can't just be me who's getting this problem, or is there a fix I don't know about.

Many thanks.

Wuffles (UK)

Originally posted by wufflesthespider
    Hmm, money down the drain or can someone please tell me how to get simple output from this thing without having to go through the exported swf in Flash, frame by frame, deleting the unwanted artifacts created during the render!

Every single frame of a simple 40 frame anim of a rotating K has got a few "rogue" lines or fills added to one or other of the extremities of the "k".

Used Average Cartoon Fill as the export, Production render, 25fps.

Any further info can be posted. It can't just be me who's getting this problem, or is there a fix I don't know about.

Many thanks.

Wuffles (UK)
    The wonderfullnes of the RaviX generator - I believe this is an issue that is supossed to be dealt with in v2.0

Originally posted by VacMan
    The wonderfullnes of the RaviX generator - I believe this is an issue that is supossed to be dealt with in v2.0
    Aha, more money probably. Odd thing is, it doesn't happen with Swift 3D standalone and rendered slightly quicker!

Serves me right for believing the hype?

I've had no problems with S3D Max. Works great!

Do you have the latest Build? E-rain makes the latest build (with fixes) available through the customer only site. You can access it from within the Help menu. If not, email thier support and include the file. They'll do their best to help you out.

Downloaded a newer build, 010 I think, and it has made it quicker and tidier! Thanks for the suggestion.

Not perfect though, by any standard. Still produces "hooking?" on a couple of the frames.

Happy to email .max, .fla or .swf file to anyone who's interested.

Originally posted by wufflesthespider
    Downloaded a newer build, 010 I think, and it has made it quicker and tidier! Thanks for the suggestion.

Not perfect though, by any standard. Still produces "hooking?" on a couple of the frames.

Happy to email .max, .fla or .swf file to anyone who's interested.
    056 is the current build number for the stand-alone version...(just for info)

wuffles, part of your problem may be that the plug-in was focused on r4 of max. it works with r3, but not as well I suppose. alot of times (with the standalone) when i import into flash, it just removes the lines itself. if your problem continues, just email erain's tech support.

Wuffles,

We immediately recognized the problem you mentioned with certain objects and this problem should have been fixed with build 010 of the MAX plug-in.

If you encounter a file in which it is still occuring, please save the MAX scene and forward it to our support department at support@erain.com. It is important that we actually receive files to duplicate the problem. Thanks!