dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Graphics Tablets for use with Flash

Am about to start work for a Web Design firm as a junior web designer and consequently will be doing a lot of work using Flash. Was wondering if anyone out there could give me some advice on graphics tablets and whether they are any good for use in Flash?? On a limited budget I am contemplating buying one - the Wacom Graphire. Anyone help??

Many thanks

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

I think this subject has been covered several times, but to limit any searching you might have to do ~ Yes, the Graphire works very well in Flash ... Most heavy duty artists will prefer the Intuos, though.

I've never bought Wacom's refurb products, but I understand they are very nicely (re)done - as good as new

HTH

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    acurrie,
    they are useful in every graphics program.
    I use my wacom about half and half with my mouse. For the price you pay you will get great value from it.
    The control that is possible makes difficult tasks (like precise masking and erasing) easy and drawing becomes a snap. The pen is natural to use and the tablets have programmable buttons, as does your pen, and the pressure variation is catered for in Flash and lots of other graphics software.
    I'm sure you'll be happy with it once you adjust.
    david p.

Thanks

Thanks for the speedy replies! You have convinced me that this would be a worthwhile investment.

Cheers - Andy

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Originally posted by david petley
    acurrie,
    they are useful in every graphics program.
    I use my wacom about half and half with my mouse. For the price you pay you will get great value from it.
    The control that is possible makes difficult tasks (like precise masking and erasing) easy and drawing becomes a snap. The pen is natural to use and the tablets have programmable buttons, as does your pen, and the pressure variation is catered for in Flash and lots of other graphics software.
    I'm sure you'll be happy with it once you adjust.
    david p.
    Also makes it much much easier to play on http://www.isketch.net