A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G effect

RIDER
    http://www.thegeffect.com.au

interesting navigation, I went around circles.

Large Member
    very interesting, but confusing to the average user.

I can't believe that you think it is too hard to use. The great thing about this site is that it does not use "click here" in big flashing lights for the stupid people to help them get around.

It is great because you get to explore, and that the more you go into the site, the more you find. It does not give you everything up front, and I think that is what makes you want to come back again and again.

The 3d is very nice at the beginning, and it is good to see a site use music/sound in a way which is not stupid electronic beeps that play everytime your roll over a button.

So do yourself a favour and go and experience the g effect online, and even better if you are in australia, DRINK IT!

I'm still with him

I really think people should be pushed to interact a bit more!

The real issue here is Are were going to push the button marked click here for the rest of our lives or are we going to teach people new ways of interacting.

This site is the way of the future

its innovative for sure, but clunky to use. im not stupid, especially when it comes to navigation, but it was awkward. and im used to weird navigation, so im sure the average user will have even more problems as said b4. the site is nice, don't get me wrong. it works well as perhaps an experiment, but i think it needs more tweaking. maybe it was, cuz i honestly had no idea what it was about.

Good

Awesome Design but Cumbersome Navigation

Smile This site rocks

this is site is wild,

I love the nav, I have no idea what you guys mean ?
    I had no problem at all with this nav.
    I thought it was very very cool

This is how all flash sites should be !

well produced site, slick and good looking.

the navigation was awkward to use and not at all intuitive but as people here have said it's different and unless you want to be stuck with the same old metaphors someone has to start something new. Unfortunately for them a lot of users won't 'get' it or won't bother to try and they are losing people by being innovative, isn't that always the way??

make the effort at least.

Smile

I am what you might call the "average user" that people seem to think it will be confusing for. I did not find it confusing at all........this site made me smile and I can't say that about many sites I've seen.

RIDER
    in the first go I wasn't sure if I saw all the content not realizing that you can click on the sitemap on the top right.............mmmmmmmm'

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Wow - this site is cool. I would love to force Jakob Neilson to view it!!!!!

Great twisting Arrow.
    VERY cool.

I've been thinking

I think that this is they way of the future, The users have to be taught new new ways of interaction. They learnt how to use the windows interface so they can learn anything !

I really think that the users aren't given enough credit,

Users Unite
    the future is now

This is the future

Smile cool!

wow i agree, the site is cool indeed! i found the navigation to be interesting and original - about time we moved away from logical navigation.. should we be hand fed for ever?

i also found the help button quite useful to show my location.. need little flash tricks in there too!

this is what i aspire too.

Post erm..

ah, i meant

NEAT little flash tricks in there too!

they dont need anymore!

Very cool site
    Very cool navigation
    I like, I like...

But don't make the mistake of thinking new and experimental navigation will work for every site - it won't. The point about users learning new ways of navigating is correct, up to a point - for users that use the web a lot. If that's your market, then fine.

If, however, your market includes not so experienced web users (such as portfolio sites, business sites, design company sites) then design appropriately, and keep the experimental stuff for your experiments, and if you're lucky clients that want it.

And think about how the Internet is spreading with wireless devices - to even MORE inexperienced users...
    And Interactive TV...

Cheers
    Dave

confusing or yawnfest

it's ok if you view each web site as a rubick's cube puzzle. You guys must be really bored or something to get off on this crap. I spent about 5 minutes at least waiting to see a bottle of something called "G"? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

well I spent 30 sec looking at your site xerobot, and it took me about 2 seconds to find out that your site is the biggest lot of "crap" as you like to say, (only I think that is being too nice about your site). It was the most boring site I have ever seen, or read.

Oh by the way if it took 5 minutes for you to get anything, you must have the slowest modem in the world. I have a 56k modem, and got something staight away.

And if you are falling asleep (must have looked at your own site) maybe you should drink some G beer.

Do somthing good before you have a go at someone else.

Nice

I'm with as1456 - Xerobot officially has the slowest connection this side of the internet, my 56k connection was cranking! Sort out your own website before you make comments about things you obvioulsy don't understand!

I'm again one of those "average users" but I thought the navigation was really nice and smooth - I don't have any desire to be spoon fed navigation - make us think and interact. The "art" within is pretty cool too!

woah kiddies on a rampage

did junior high let out early. I forgot. You guys are out for summer vacation. One post a piece? Sounds like the site owner registered a couple times to do some "unbiased" feedback. Old trick that makes you look LAME.

my point: why build a complex nav system for a bottle of beer? You have the choice between alienating an audience and not alienating and yet you choose to make it difficult. Here's something for you, read the book "Dont Make Me Think" about building web sites and come back to me after you graduate from 8th grade. Now run along and take out the garbage after you finish mowing the lawn.

RIDER
    Xerobot:

That's TOUGH!
    i think it's a COOLSITE!