A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Clipyard 0.82 update

The word is already out, but I'll post it anyway:
    There's a small bug-fix update for Clipyard available
    on the Goldshell web site:

http://www.goldshell.com/clipyard

Wizard of preloaders
    Great master of web searches

these days i am over-using clipyard for the contest, so i found this little problem: clipyard can't handle the mirror text effect made with mix-fx, it can't read properly the effect and mix it with other swfs.
    i think it's for the "5" thing, but the 2 "5" bground effects, blox and casual, work properly, so i don't know.

I just downloaded the upgrade. Do I need to uninstall Clipyard 0.80?

Thanks,
    t_sims

ps great tool

Fabio, I'll check today.

Terry, no need to first install 0.80. 0.82 is a complete version.

I have downloaded the newer beta of clipyard and you can also import Swish v 1.52 into it, I don't know about the new 2.0. Just thought I would add that in case no one else had.

Originally posted by djoy
    I have downloaded the newer beta of clipyard and you can also import Swish v 1.52 into it, I don't know about the new 2.0. Just thought I would add that in case no one else had.

I am glad you posted this. I had thought about doing so a few days ago. This is one of those iffy things as many Swish created swfs will not import correctly into ClipYard, while many others will. Certain features of Swish 2 clearly will not translate, including tell target, but a number of operations in sprites work fine. My guess is that Swish actions are lost on importing to ClipYard, but effects are by and large maintained. Pete will probably have a more precisely focussed answer.

Cheers,

Flick

Clipyard transforms every inserted SWF to a new sprite. All old sprites,
    all shapes, fonts, etc, are given different tag-ids and sometimes
    new names.

This can indeed cause a problem with telltarget command, and other
    actioncript, which Clipyard doesn't touch.

It'll be a big prob to intelligently decompile, and recompile
    actionscript in Clipyard.

FYI, the prob that Fabiopao has above, is also caused by this
    same problem.

a couple of weird things I noticed...

I can not enter a negative (-) number, unless I drag into a negative number, then highlight just the number and enter what I want for a Layer offset. if I use the minus sign, the computer beeps at me.

also, if I have a layer that is like 90 frames, and I delete it, the files still on the layer pallette (sp?) that I set to end at next effect, still end at frame 90, even after I uncheck the end with next effect, and load a 60 frame effect. If I rechecked the end with next effect, it would still end on 90, and not 60. I had to remove all of the layers, to get it to stop on 60.

also, I noticed that occassionally, the flash player would popup at the extreme upper left corner... once, so high, I had to change resolutions. and then, after coming down on resolutions, a right click on the layer - layer offset, what not - would pop up on the extreme lower right, above the clock. it would work correctly the next time though.

just some weird things I noticed while putting together my piecemeal footer... gee, I need more time to just design "stuff"...

Thanks Mr gorilla...

These are good comments. I think that by the end of the week Clipyard 0.83 will be uploaded, hopefully
    also with some of the problems you found fixed.