A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Television Station of my Dreams!!

All these favorite tv show thread got me to thinking about my dream television format. It will include nothing but the shows listed below, and commercials.

ACTION SHOWS
    Dukes of Hazzard
    CHIP's
    Magnum
    Fall Guy
    Airwolf
    Knight Ridder
    A Team
    Flipper

TEEN DRAMA
    Saved by the Bell
    Life Goes On

GENERAL DRAMA
    Fantasy Island
    The Love Boat

SCIENCE FICTION
    Alf

FAMILY ORIENTED
    Full House
    Silver Spoons
    Webster
    Different Strokes
    Bosom buddies
    Growing Pains
    Family Ties
    Little House on the Prarie
    Dennis the Menace
    Good Times
    Leave it to Beaver
    Charles in Charge
    Cagney & Lacey
    Small Wonder------> Vicki...HOT!!!!!!!

CARTOON
    Muppet Babies (No other cartoon comes close)

In addition, every attempt would be made to resurrect all the ABC After School Specials, as well as the Disney Sunday Night Movies. None of these were made after 1989, and that's what makes me happy.
    If this could be a TV station, with nothing but these shows shown at random 24 hours a day, I would likely quit my job, drop out of school, sit on the couch and gain hundereds of pounds.

mg33
    [Edited by mg33 on 08-22-2000 at 12:20 AM]

FK Junkie
    I don't know if I would classify Different Strokes as family, haven't you ever seen the E! True Holywood Story?

can i just add:

Only fools and Horses
    men behaving badly
    Absolutely Fabulous
    Eastenders
    Doctor Who

eemmm and the X files )

hahh that's better
    A

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    A team yeah man yeah
    Mupetts yeah man yeah
    Dukes Yeah man yeah (Daisy is hot)
    but ya cant forget the clasic but yet still funny
    SIMPSONS

NO Simpsons, do you realize all these shows, with the exception of Saved by the Bell, first ran in the 80's?

There's a theme here....Simpsons are cool, but I think that would be too smart of a show for my format.

mg33

Beyond the Sea

Bosom Buddies!

Go Tom Hanks...

I think the only ones you missed were Mork and Mindy and The Greatest American Hero!

Gotta love the 80s!

Rich

But I was born in '84! I haven't even heard of half of these shows

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    ok if you dont add the simpsons at least add Mork & Mindy. That was a great show. Oh also i fogot the name but that one motorcycle cop show that was great. Your right gotta love those 80s shows.
    Jon

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Hehe Cagney & Lacey was a long time ago

Beyond the Sea

ooh!

Hardcastle and McCormick...
    Remington Steele...
    Hunter...
    The Equalizer...
    Amazing Stories...
    Battlestar Galactica...
    Fantasy Island...
    Kung Fu...
    The Love Boat...

yeah, I watched too much tv as a kid...

Rich

ps. Being born in the 80s does not necessarily make one a child of the 80s...

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    Whoops you alread got that motorcycle one CHIP's that used to be my favorite show along with
    the A-Team
    Jon

Originally posted by mg33
    There's a theme here....Simpsons are cool, but I think that would be too smart of a show for my format.

mg33
    Ok.guess what?? I found one that's missing from your list (i can go to sleep now hehhee): Miami Vice

The epitome of the 80s

There, A

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    Yeah Miami Vice now thats a clasic.
    Jon

Kraken, I updated the list with Fantasy Island and the Love Boat, as for the others, I don't really know them, and I am considering adding Hunter to the format, maybe.

Oh, funny thing, I did not know Remington Steele was the name of a show. However, there is an "adult" actor that goes by the name of Remington Steele. kind of a play on words I guess...

mg33

Beyond the Sea

yikes!

No, man, Remington Steele was Pierce Brosnan before he was a movie star. Here's a plot synopsis: Woman tries to break into the PI business. Is not successful, so she creates fictitious male boss named Remington Steele and names the agency after him. The business picks up and no one's the wiser that there is no Mr. Steele. Until people start asking to see him. So, she hires some guy, kind of a street-wise, charming, thief with a mysterious past, who looks the part to...well...look the part. Mysteries and mayhem ensue as each of them try to be the boss.

It was one of my all-time favorites as I was growing up. I believe it had a 3 season run and this show was the reason that Brosnan was passed up for the Bond roles that Timothy Dalton got.

Oh, I just thought of another one in this same vein, The Scarecrow and Mrs. King. "Housewife helps FBI-man solve crimes".

good stuff,
    Rich

ps. Oh, and Moolighting! There were a lot of these detective shows that I used to watch.

How old are you Kraken? Never heard you say.

man, my favorite detective/crime show was the Commish, it does not come on any more.

Oh man!!!!!! I am forgetting another show that my roomate would hit me if I were watching it: Our House, with Wilford Brimley, Shannen Doherty, ricky Shrouder (I think it was Ricky Schroder)
    what I loved about that show was that it was the epitome of small town caring family, with all the silly problems no one makes shows about anymore:
    Among the various show themes:
    Daughter looses hamster in house, grandpa can't tolerate it.
    Grandson, 10 yrs old, takes Grandpas car for a spin around the block, hits fire hydrant and scratches gash on side of car.
    Mom gets the boot at work, family wonders how they'll still make their vacation to the woods.
    Grandpa becomes frustrated with week of doing dishes while mom is gone, finds it cuts into his fishing time.
    Grandpa in every single show, gets angry if someone takes a section of his newspaper. Too bad the Internet was not around for him. hehe

The best part about that show was how much Wilford Brimley put into his charector. it was unreal, he was so serious, he WAS the grandfather. Not the recognizeable Oatmeal spokesman everyone grew to love, but THE grandfather.

I'd give $10 for that show to be on for even one night anymore.

mg33

let's not forget about Laverne and Shirley! That's some zaney Wisconsin stuff there!

I could get by with A-Team, Nightrider, Airwolf and Dukes myself. Call me a purist I guess.

Beyond the Sea

heh...yes, I'm that old...

I'm only 26, but as I stated before, I watched a lot of tv growing up. Well, tv and movies, and books...and computers, and art, and playing kick the can in the cul-de-sac after dusk, and music, and hiking the mountains behind our house...

you know, I need to get out more

Rich

caithness massiv
    mg33

first - great post

now - onto the vivid favs

of course, Airwolf, Nightrider, Mork & Mindy, and The Muppetbabies (which was SOOOO creative) oh yeah - charles in charge, alf, battlestar gallactica, and growing pains were also fun

what about Columbo? you gotta love the lazy eye!
    was Charlie's Angels '70s or early '80s? i think '70s, but the show still rocked

btw - what would you call this station? "eclectic eighties" is something that comes to my mind... also, would you run only '80s commercials?

=vivid=
    [Edited by agent vivid on 08-22-2000 at 12:25 AM]

Agent Vivid, thanks! ALF has been added to the list.

Don't know of a name for it, perhaps MPO TV which would stand for MY POTHETICISM is OBVIOUS.

So, like, all the college kids skipping school could tell their friends, "Yah man, you got my notes in trig? There was a great episode of Airwolf on MPO today, and, well, you know, that's an hour show so I missed class."

Or, ONE FRIEND SAYS, "Hey man, wanna head out with us to grab some food?"
    WORTHLESS FRIEND SAYS, "Nah, gonna stay here, Small Wonder is coming on in a few minutes, and I'm gonna watch Little House on the Prarie at 7:00. But can you bring me something back?"
    THE FRIEND REPLIES, "Dude, your potheticism is soooo obvious. Get your own food, I'm having no part of this life you've created."

------>Stay tuned, conversation to continue after friends get back from Mama's Pizza...

Thankfully yours,

mg33