A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to do a random text generator

hey, i wanted to do a random text generator, there was one under texts on the tutorials screen but doesn load properly.
    i have flash 4, could u tell me in steps how to do a text generator so i does a small random sentance each time u click on a button or sumin to that concept

i think i got just the thing for u my friend, but, im not sure exactly what u want. do u want a generator to make text for your website, or do u want a flash button that allows user to generate text. if u just need a text generator, then let me know cause i got the best.

yeah

cool yeah can u tell me about the text generator u av, i found the one i was looking for, what it did was output sentances in a random order like a tip of the day thing u get on old microsoft programs. but could u send me the thing ur on about i could use that

sure i can send it to u

what this prog does is create random characters, either caps, lowercase, numbers, and or binary. u can select a check box near them. and then the number of columns and rows u want. it doesn't make sentences or even words, but its nice to make the text really really small and put it n ur page for visual appeal. u can get it here...never mind... ijust looked for it and the site that had it just shut down. http://www.photoshopclub.com. o well i can still email it to u, as long as i can find it on my hdd. my email is atrus@adelphia.net. u can send ur email adress there or post it here. the file is pretty small.