A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Idiot here

Question

I have been flashing for less than a month, i have some pretty good flash sites, but i still dotn totally understand hwo to amke things move. Can you give me a short explanation of how to make an object move from one spot to another

Hack

Lightbulb

To move objects, you have to use "tweening."

You can move shapes or symbols. Shapes are things you draw right in the window. Symbols are things like buttons, graphics, and movies that you drag over from the library.

If you're moving a shape, it has to be the only thing in the layer. If there are two things in the same layer you can't move one. To move a shape, make a keyframe (F6) in the frame you want it to start moving, and another keyframe (F6) in the frame you want it to stop. In the first keyframe position the shape where you want it to start, and in the second keyframe position it where you want it to stop. Now right-click in between the keyframes, choose properties and then click on the tweening tab. Choose shape tweening. Now the shape should move from one position to the other.

If you're moving a symbol, you do the same steps only choose motion tweening instead of shape tweening.

ok i made 2 frames, one with seom sqaure in it, the second wiht the same object, but in a defferent spot, i did the tweeing, but when i play it it jstu acts like an animation not like smoothmoving, it jsut makes it jumps from the one spot to the other

:im:

heh, heh. try not to type so fast you put the characters in a wrong place. the whole thing is when you create a square, right click on the keyframe in timeline, and select Motion tweenng. Then choose a place for an ending keyframe and make a keyframe there. You can double click the first keyframe to set the easing option which adds acceleration illusion to your movies.

------------------
    :::achieve your goal. all your life. forever we are:::

Also, be sure you've placed that square into an Image Symbol (select the whole square and press F8). Then, make sure you're using that symbol at both ends of the tween. Motion tweening only works when the object in both the starting and ending frames is the same symbol.

------------------
    Joshua Sullivan
    josh@metagamer.com
    m e t a g a m e r