A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What is the best projector studio????

I have tried some studio programs to speed up my workload, and to remove some code steps. Which one do you guys find is the best one? I have used ***********, and swfStudio.
    Any input on this would be really appreciated.
    Mike

I've also tried both. My vote is for SWF Studio! SWF Studio offers more capability for a LOT LESS $$$. Plus they actually answer your emails, are helpful and have GREAT customer support. They are also committed to their product and keep improving it and offering additional capability through their plugins.

*********** leaves a lot to be desired in all of these areas.

Hi,
    If you are going to distribute a standalone on a CD then SWF Studio is the best with the most features etc. For web delivery though the minimum 1 MB install for a completely standalone SWF Studio'd projector is a little too big for me. *********** or using Resource Hacker are my choices for this. I must admit however that the *********** alternative creates a few problems, especially the fact that you have to use a workaround for getURL actions and that each plug-in costs extra. Yes, I know that *********** is offering batch packages now, but once you've spent $300 getting what you want to use, Swf Studio looks much more attractive.

Now the trick would be to get some bangup C++ programmer with MFC knowledge to help the SWF Studio folks create non VB versions of their program and the plug-ins.

I don't mean to knock SWF Studio, it is truly excellent as is now. I would love it though if the standalones could not increase the download size. Offering the projector as a separate download required to play back the SWF Studio'd exe's is a tech support nightmare and one that my clients aren't really impressed with.

In conclusion, buy SWF Studio if you create and distribute CD-Roms and learn how to use resource hacker, or buy *********** if you want web distribution.

my 0.02$
    Tim

It depends on what you want to do:

For purely standalone Flash and that's it projectors... Either SWF Studio or Resource Hacker+Flash tools+Super Pimp (For those needing free software).

For more intensive multimedia... Mediachance Media Builder (Media Builder is a lowcost alternative to Director, the new beta allows you to bind a exe to the project or you can create HTML and present that inside your project) or Director(If their aren't any budget constraints).

Johnie,

Is Mediachance Media Builder cripple-ware in the trial? I see that the registration is very cheap, which is great. I haven't downloaded it yet.

Also, Do you know how Media Builder compares to Autoplay Menu Studio?

Thanks, friend.

Jabez

It doesn't appear to be crippleware but the beta itself is missing files to produce usable files, however if you install the older version and then copy it and install the beta to the copied folder it works. The unregistered copy adds a statement at the bottom of your compiled EXEs stating that it was created with an unregistered copy.

As far as comparable to Autoplay Studio- yes it is... very comparable, except its like $250 less and Media Builder and can do alot more scripting (There is even a $15 3'rd party SWF Plug-In for Media Builder that allows Seamless intergration of SWFS with the current Version of Media Builder 4.7).

I hope that helps.

[Edited by johnie on 08-20-2001 at 05:38 PM]

Oh yeah... that plugin for SWFS is here http://www.1800mns.com/

and Media Builder is at http://www.mediachance.com

Hands down SWF Studio, what else allows you to check registry keys and send emails from projectors? Plus I hear the company thatmakes it really stands behind their stuff