A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: where technology meets nature

finky fonk
    hello people
    I am designing a new site for marine parade, a UK breaks record label, we did a quick rough site for them for the time being at:
    http://www.marineparade.co.uk

we have been given the strapline 'where technology meets nature' to use as inspiration for the site design and navigation.
    does anyone know of any sites or cool stuff that could be associated with this quote???? we need ideas!!
    cheers
    le fink

There is no other site out there more associated with nature than Turtleshell by Joen. The color,shapes, mood, music, and light are all inspired by his surroundings.

The use of flash and other various programs to create such a environment symbolizes the technology. The site itself and the story behind it symbolize the nature.

I hope this will help you.

mb

Originally posted by fink
    we have been given the strapline 'where technology meets nature' to use as inspiration for the site design and navigation.
    Hi Fink,

I think your site is really good!! and that you've met the objectives of your brief, ie 'where technology meets nature'.
    There is a site that was featured here in FK awhile ago and it's still in the archives, which is absolutely amazing:
    http://www.ocean-mind.com/
    It's a site that provides both content and a unique experience to the user..
    Aria

Ahh yes! I forgot about that one.

good call.

mb

embee, your site name intrigues me...what is your site going to be about?

also, this site stretched where technology meets nature,

but http://www.shaman.on.ca is an amazing site that does incorporate some nature... best of luck

Ahh..my site.

My site.
    Where to start... hmm.

I believe that all web sites are windows into the minds of their creators. A little part of each designer goes into their design.

To create a site, or any form of art, the dream, comes first. This is the designer's goals for the artwork. Next comes their thoughts. This is what goes into the artwork: the content and layout. Finally, their emotions are put into creating the artwork, giving it a personal style and originality.

You can learn a lot about people from their artwork and more specifically their web sites.

As for my site, it is an interactive window into my mind, for all to see. An ezine? A portfolio? A design resource? An experimental site?

The answer is yes, and more. The Mind Project is everything on the internet, yet it is nothing at all. It is me.

Heh that is what i am leaving you with until my site goes online.

Soon there will be a news page added to the main site..

Maybe that was a little more than people care to know but then again they dont have to read this.

mb

Embee, you sound alot like me, ask around, I tend to get rather deep sometimes. I focus on the same kind of things with design, I can't wait to get my site through, becuaese I think about it constantly, and it's a good representation of my mind both in how I want it to look, and in the content, artwork, motion, etc. that I am going to have.

You are in Massachusets, where? For 6 1/2 yrs. my Mom and stepdad lived in Methuen and also North Andover for a brief time. I live in Texas, and they are here as well. I love Boston, would like to go there again soon it's been since I was a senior in high school, and I am in my fifth and last year of college starting Monday. Hooooray!! Almost done!

I got to see practically everything there is to see in New England: Green and White Mountains, Queechy Gorge, the USS Constitution, the Mayflower and Plymouth, Cape Cod, Nickerson St. Park, deep sea fishing, whales, the Freedom Trail, Prudential Building, Fanuel Hall, North Square, Fenway Park, 4th of July along the river, the Sail Boston festival, drive up Mt Washington, camping at Moosehead lake in Maine, skiing in Vermont and New Hampshire, Concord, Salem and witches, subways, trains, and a million other things. How do I remember all that? My mom was up there from when I was in 5th grade to the end of my sophmore year in high school, it was really hard only seeing her at Thanksgiving, Christmas sometimes, Spring Break, and 6 weeks in the summer. We always made the most of each time I was there, and I got to see it all

Take Care,

mg33

mg33

I lived in Framingham (near boston) for my entire life up until about a month or so ago. I moved to Sudbury, two towns over.

Yeah there is much to do here and i have seen many times over the mayflower, plymouth rock, etc. And boston is great!! Ahh i love the city.

This is the first time i have shared my philosophy with anyone and i am very pleased to see that someone shares some of the same ideas. I was hesitant at first whether or not to share it with everyone.

anyway, im sure ill talk to you again on another thread.

mb