Can't get more basic than this:

I'm trying to get a 'vector' effect on images. I'll try and describe it as best I can. It's an effect that is generally composed of only two contrasting colors. Like a black and the background color. Hell, that doesn't tell you much.

An example is at: - just go to the 'agents' section to see what I'm talking about.

That IS called 'vector animation', right? What kinds of programs can I use to duplicate it?

Thanks for suffering through my inability to explain myself!