dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP!!!!

Hybrid View

Ok! Check out my footer i made ...im very new to flash and i like making little cartoons and i wanna make a longer an better one but i do all my animations frame by frame is that the only way to do it?? please help.Thanks

Ambassador of Style
    Actually, frame-by-frame (FBF) is the worst way to animate in Flash - especially in terms of producing the smallest possible image size.

Smaller motions, like the punches and stuff are fine with FBF, but things like the head coming to the forefront of the banner and the guy leaping through the air are best animated by tweening, or better yet - with ActionScript (AS).

Take 2 instances of a symbol (ie: the guy) and place them in different locations. Tweening will automatically animate (move) the guy from point A to B - in th eamount of time you set in the timeline.

For more in-depth help and information about tweening, check out FlashKit's Newbie forum or invest in a book like Foundation Flash 5 by FOE.

Good luck!

-A02

Thanks

hey thanks for that tip...How do you do animations with actionscript as you were talking about??

Ambassador of Style
    There are some tutorials in the FK Tutorial section that can help you. A great book to really get into AS and animation is "ActionScript: The Definitive Guide", by Colin Moock.

In all honesty - I'd concentrate on the basics of twening and familiarize yourself with that and complex site creation. AS can get pretty advanced - and it helps to have a good grasp of Flash basocs firsts (ie: instance naming, labels, the _root notation, etc)...

Good luck!

-A02