A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What's the problem with Netscape!

Unhappy

I've just (nearly) finished a big Flash project I've been working on for some time.

It all works fine - no problem whatsoever.

BUT... then I tested it out on bl**dy Netscape... and it doesn't work. :.(

Now... the thing is, I know there isn't anything wrong with my work...

I'm pretty sure the fault lies with Netscape.

I've tested out some smaller pieces of work on Netscape... and have noticed that it shows behaviour different to that of the Flash Player as supplied by Macromedia. If what I say is correct, Netscape has no right to implement a FLash Player unless they can do it properly!

If anyone can provide any suggestions as to what guidlines I should follow to make sure Netscape works (if any exist!) then I'd reeeally appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jam

Arckid - Curving the Web
    hi there ...

i wanna know 1st that what problem occurs ??? with netscape ...

ur movie not showing anything or whatever ... can u describe the prob in more detail ???

best of luck

Which version of Netscape are you using? 4.7 or 6? They both work differently.

Can you give us the URL to the site so we can check out the behavior - and by the way, what is it doing?

Generally the Flash Player comes from Macromedia and should function the same. BTW, are you programming on a MAC or PC?

Hope we can help!

same netscape problem

I have had the same netscape problem. When i look at the movie in netscape it doens't play, it shows that its there, but it just doesn't play. http://www.vtw.com

any one know whats going on?

thanks.
    mike

Remember, IE is much more forgiving than Netscape.

When viewing the embed source for your frame I notice the name attribute points to a vtwtmp.swf file and is different from the src which points to the swf you want to load. I checked the embed tags in my page at http://www.thymesavor.com and both the name attribute and src attribute point to the same file.

Might have something to do with it. Check it out and see if it helps.

Arckid - Curving the Web

hi there ...

hi guyz ...

netscape is very strict about closing tags etc .,

so u must check that ur tags are completed properly or not ... if tags are not closed then netscape will not render it to client side ...

in case of IE it autocompletes it and render it .. and also there are so many things in netscape we must have to check in it ...

hope this may help u ...

best of luck