A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid 24

Heh. Look who's talking. Funny enough you take other peoples loops (which btw there was only one good one) and get credit for them on Hybrid 24?
    Um. Corrupt? Yes.
    Make your own loops. Heh. Or at least fidn some decent ****e... Ambient p0wnz... light techno also does it.

killabry: trendwhore = traffic
    silly killabry!
    Now get to work >=]

j00 r teh pwnz0r3d DarkMagicHacker's Avatar
    I've been following Hybrid24 for some time (a week :Þ) and so far, things are looking great! Keep up the good work. I'd help, but I too am working a secret project.

sofa surfer

Smile music, maybe?

If u need music for your interesting game...drop a reply....

I got background in music school (10 years).

Originally posted by Somar
    [B
    killabry: trendwhore = traffic
    silly killabry!
    Now get to work >=] [/B]
    Yea, i know, but I tried to be a little different.

Logos should be basic, so I openned up PS and took a picture of an eye and pumped up contrast alot and made the reflection orange.

Simple ...yes
    bad ... probably
    but now I think I have a better idea for the logo... BTW, this is a logo for "Optical Delusion" and he said an Impossible triangle inside an eye, but if he were to resize that to be put onto things he made, like wallpapers and games and movies, it would look bad. Mine is pretty simple....

I got an idea and it's very trendwhorish.

MYbrid24:Somars Revenge

Seems like somar is holdin a bit of a grudge, i bet you guys can see why we didnt get along too well?

Anyways, i like the logo, it's a little too simple, at first i wasnt sure what it was, but then i figured it out. Nice start at least, just a couple things bothering me.

the sound loops, great compression, dont know how you do it, dont particularly like the loops themselves,. i think there should be more content, not those dumb 2 sec. techno loops, too trite. BTW-is that your site? I wasnt too sure.

This adaptor is driving me nuts! i havent slept in a while, and i cant get it to work right.

Iedas for later revisions/projects:
    reading the book about the simple and complex, it hit me. Language. Language is a very obvious sign of theevolutionary process. the code would be large, and processor intensive, but actually relatively simple. Im not going to start it for a while still and may never finish it, but hey, it's an idea

The File Sharing Site--I wish i knew how to open an anonymous FTP connection, if i couold i would like to in order to let me have some "real life time"( yes its true, i have a life other than the computer).

Joros, if you wanna make the file site, be my guest, im notvery good at site design, motly i leave everything white, because i am more concerned with content than asthetic value. So, if you would be willing, go ahead, make the site.

Veljko--if you want to share some examples with us, we will probably use them at some point, we are looking for anything and everything you guys have to offer, opinions, ideas, concepts, files, and anything else.

thanks guys, keep up the good work.

yeah, ummmm, joros......those are stolen......and the worst part is.......2 of em are stolen from Metallica!!!!! how could you???

hi,
    hows you getting along anti-matter, if your not sleeping to much,i must advise red bull. that stuff does the trick every time. Or, try eating chocolate covered coffee beans, taste good, and give you a real kick. ummmmm.....

How you finding the book? i dont know how much physics you learn in canada (it was canada you live in?) but it definately helps to have a basic knowledge of special relitivity and quantum physics.

Can you give away the principle of how you are going to simulate life? or is it abit hush hush right now? Im just interested how you will be able to simlaute a response to other organisms. Do i remember you saying you are using trig to simulate life, i could be worng, but how is this done?

if you need any help with the coding give me a shout, i might not be able to help, im pretty busy at dubit.co.uk right now, but if you let me know, i will do my best to offer assitance.

i think thats it for now, if i think of anything else ill let you know
    Matthew

secrets revealed: prat one

ot yet. we arent gonna exp[lain how we do it yet. if you read my last thread"life simulation game" you would see that we are not going to give away the fla. it will be totally explained, but in a tutorial, so if the people want to learn about it, they have to read, not just take the file for their own use.

everything is trig--a FN(funcxtion) for calling distane between 2 obj. then one for determining the angle between, then just adding to sin and cos, or subtracting. all the otherbehaviors are like that too. i mean, the gurad one jsut sets a poiint and the creature has to stay within a certain distance of that point, but within that radius,m it will chase any other obj hat enter. all with math.

we'll have it all on the site, in about a month or so(school starting, will have to stop workin as much, :~()

hi
    i knew you did not want to give away the fla, and i dont really expect, or want it. Im never a big fan of just giving away flas, thats not how you learn.

Sorry if im being akward now, but is math not too perfect. Or are you going to build in imperfections, characteristics that sort of thing once you have the basic maths down. i consider my self faily good when it comes to trig, ive done all the finding distnace, rotating to face objects that kind off stuff, but what else can you do with trig, what other behavours?

i hope im not being too obtuse
    Matthew

ummm, im in geometry, i dont know much(cept the basics) avbout trig. you might be able to help us later. well, we arent too sure what trig will be used for, see, we can build the behaviors separate from the progranm and then just add them as functions to the game and they are then options for behaviors.

if you can think of any god formulas that might act as good behaviors, send em over, we'll see what we can do.

with climbers help i got the adaptor done(yeah his help, he did it in 5 minutes, what i couldnt do in 3 days, but his isnt done yet, still a couple errors)

that's all for now

Originally posted by McChicken Nuggets

Matthew
    what a bad pun!

hehe yeah.....

every one said my wallpaper wasnt good enough so i tried to goodenize it.

http://www.freewebz.com/evilbry/hybrid2.gif (i liked the original more)

I think if I made it anymore complex then it is now, then I wouldnt be able to save it as a Gif anymore, and that would make it a much bigger file.

This way In
    I also preffered the original.

I like the original, but i like the double circle more than the triangle thing, and i like the sunray typew things, fills up the blank void rthat was around the original.

havnt posted in a little while but hey.
    that siound loop site wasnt mine, i just found it and thought it had a bit of promise. if we have to make our own loops, then i am out, as i dnt have any software for that sort of thing.
    like the new wallpaper killbry, think its kool.
    and as for the website, yeh, ill start working on it. but b4 i do, should it be flash or html based??? im not sure which format would be easier to display people's wrk, probably html, but i doesnt bother me. so any suggestions?

def HTML, flash is a pain to update and since the game is making tons of advances everyday, we need something weasy to update.

Yes

yes definatly HTML. easier to update and, better for an actual web site, i think. Flash only web sites tend to get large and complicated and hard to update. no offense to anyone whos site is totally in flash.

ok, html it is.

hybrid 24 contribution page can be viewed at
    http://www.domesticchaos.f2s.com/hybrid24.htm

Originally posted by killabry
    Originally posted by McChicken Nuggets

Matthew
    what a bad pun!
    Im really pleased someone picked up on that, i thought it might have been to subtle

sorry to keep going on, what behaiours do you have planned now, whats it going to be able to do?

Matthew