A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash 5 book recommendations

Anyone out there recommend a really good F5 book? I am looking to get actionscript info out of the book, as well as general tips and techniques.

Thanks in advance

as far as actionscript books go, the best I've found yet for learning it is called Actionscripting in Flash by Phillip Kerman, SAMS publishing.

Very easy to read, it's technical but I've really not found a book that's better than that one. It's got everything broken down into relevent chapters, and a large workshop section at the back with different tutorials. Does not come with a cd, but there's really no reason why that's bad.

mg33

I would highly recommend the Actionscript: The Definitive Guide by Colin Moock.

Originally posted by majick8
    that book rocks!!
    Excellent reference
    A

Originally posted by majick8
    It's a very good book, but difficult to understand. It's pretty complicated Actionscript in that book, and it's not a "learn how to use Flash book."

I would not reccomend this book to someone just starting out using Flash. I would however recommend it as one of the best AS references available, that really runs the gamut on technical aspects of Flash.

mg33

ActionScript The Definitive Guide - The one and only book that has everything you can imagine for actionscript. This book is your most important actionscript reference, as well as a good read every week or so everytime you learn a new syntax in actionscript.

Foundation Flash 5 ActionScript - Great tutorials for learning actionscript. Very easy to read and to follow tutorials.

Flash 5 Studio - I HEAR that it's a great book for people ready to advance to the next level of Flash.

ActionScript Studio - The WORST #@%@!%#$^@^@!#$!$ book I have EVER $%@@!#!@$! WASTED my @#$!@#$!@$! TIME READING!

Flash 5 Magic with ActionScript - Great for copy/paste or modifying codes, but not for learning things. Lots of pretty pictures though.

SAMS Learn Flash in 24 Hours - Great for very very new users. This book would go well hand-in-hand with the tutorials that comes with the Flash 5 program.

Riki