A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash to HTML then back to Flash...

NEED: Go FROM a Flash Document (menu)
    TO a new HTML page (gallery of images)
    then, BACK to the original Flash menu, but...

...I DO NOT want to re-run the opening menu animations when returning from the HTML page, but rather return to a place on the timeline AFTER all animations have resolved.

Can this be done with a frame label, and if so what is the syntax for addressing the label IN THE HTML document???

I have no problems using GetURL to get TO the HTML, its just the return trip that's pissing me off...

Incidentally, all of the Flash Document (menu) is on one timeline and on one page.

Thanks in advance, as usual.

Brian

The Supreme Shaman and Keeper of Polar Lights
    Hi !

May be this one may help you or give ideas ?
    http://polar-lights.com/fla/url.html

Thx, but...

The HTML (Gallery Page) is a separate and complete entity unto itself, and is in no way related to the initiating SWF (Menu Page). It replaces the SWF in the same HTML window, and should then RE-LOAD the now CLOSED (and I assume un-loaded) original SWF.

The 2 pages in question are NOT to be on the same page in the same window at the same time.... it's either one or the other.

I need to get back (or more correctly) to LOAD the SWF Menu from the HTML tag (no problems there). The problem is this - I need this previously loaded SWF to recognize that it should no longer begin at the begining, but at the frame where it was exited from when the HTML Gallery Page was chosen. Without somehow keeping this file open (ie - Popup window), I am not at all clear on how to send it a variable from the HTML telling it to do so.

Probably more confused than I need to be....

Brian