A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

I think everyone in the world must have played Tony Hawkes 2 by now!
    Old people and programmers don't count

Have you all compleated it? I just bought it the other day and I'm on the level after the competion in france... are there any tips/tricks etc... that you know of?

Ta,
    M

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

I just bought it for my 8 yr old boy for GameBoy Advance ~ when he gets through it ~ I'll let ya know

http://www.thps2.f2s.com/frames.htm
    [Edited by LanSite on 08-07-2001 at 07:38 PM]

Originally posted by LanSite
    I just bought it for my 8 yr old boy for GameBoy Advance ~ when he gets through it ~ I'll let ya know

Excavating for a mine,

Originally posted by Markp.com
    <using walker to stand up taller> I'm *not* old

Welcome to flavour country
    Tip #1: The man's name is Tony Hawk.

Originally posted by LanSite
    <using walker to stand up taller> I'm *not* old [/B]
    How old is old? You can ICQ me the answer if you like

And I am using the English spelling of his name.

Originally posted by thewiz1972
    Tip #1: The man's name is Tony Hawk.
    lol

have you seen him?

wallows...

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

Yeah, i've met him!

If thats even what you're asking.

Umm... i'm, a seasoned veteran of both THPS games and love them so much! I cant really give you any tips 'cause i haven't played it in a while, and am waiting eagerly for THPS3 this fall for PS2!!!! YEA!!!

Welcome to flavour country
    Originally posted by nordberg

have you seen him?

wallows...
    Oh man! That's old school. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Excavating for a mine,

Originally posted by Markp.com
    How old is old? You can ICQ me the answer if you like

I'm only 32!

Mark,

Wow, something we can agree/converse on!
    Although I'll have to correct you, it's Tony Hawk, not Hawke. I've met him in the late 80's as well, have his autograph.

I can't believe you asked about this, I've been wanting to make a post about it myself. I finally got around to buying a playstation in June and also Tony Hawk 2. I already had Coolboarders 4, the roomate I lived with had a playstation, and after not living with him since December I finally bought one.

I've been playing that game nonstop for the past few days, been playing it since I got it.

Last night I finally opened the Bullring competition last night, and got a Bronze and then silver today, also finally got all my stats 100% full from the money won on both those medals. Now all new money goes to buying new tricks.

The France stage is the first comp, and it was very hard to figure out how to get enough points for medals in 1 minute. You've just got to play it over and over and over, the best thing to do is work on one line through the park, whichever you choose, and make sure to manual between flatland tricks. Hopefully you know about doing manuals. It will help to have the manual stat very full, balance is better with them.

The New York stage is not good, it's boring, I'm still having trouble getting the Sick score on it, but I've got all the cash there. Just can't find the right line to string together tricks yet.
    The Venice stage is pretty fun, while trying to 100% it this weekend I planned out some really good lines where I could manual between at least 10 tricks and rails.
    The best level in the game is the second skatepark comp, although I'll have to say that once I found a line I could get the most points from in it, I was only using like 20% of the whole park. You've just got to find where you can combine rails and the BTT's and manuals.

The game rules, I don't think I could get bored of it. Even after you beat an entire level, there is still so much you can do there, trying to break a previous high score, and get BTT's that you missed.

If you want to go to a good site for the game, go to
    http://www.planettonyhawk.com It's got everything you could want, level maps, tips, etc. etc. and a forum there as well, although I don't get that nerdy with it.

Don't know if you've ever skated in your past, but I've skated for about 18 years, off and on over the past 6 years, but it's in my blood forever. More snowboarding these days on vacations.

Take Care,

mg33

Originally posted by thewiz1972
    Originally posted by nordberg

have you seen him?

wallows...
    Oh man! That's old school. Thanks for bringing back the memories.
    ahhhhh i was hoping someone would bite on that one...i thought you might

bakersfield

in france.

Go straght and make a left at the end. On the raised area with grass, there should be a lamp pole supported by a block of wood, break the wood, u will find a secret.

When u do tricks the way to get points are with Grinds, jump, trick, grind, jump, trick, grind, jump, trick and when u run out of room to grind, jump off, land in a manual, and find the next rail to grind on.

With max stats and all tricks and many many special tricks being grinds, i have beaten 1.5 million points, on the bull ring i believe.

Just go around the circle , maybe jump on the bull, run over some poop to get secret money, and the hardest part are the wires on top, always found that hard.

Beat the entire game with all characters.

Excavating for a mine,

originally posted by mg33
    a forum there as well, although I don't get that nerdy with it.
    Well, at least you get that nerdy with Flash ...

As for codes ~ My son said something about unlocking Mindy and Spider-Man ~ but I think that's only for GBA ?

you wanna help your son find codes? http://www.gamesages.com , i think it redirects u now to a good site with codes.

Spiderman and Officer dick for the computer.

geez, I really see this thread going on forever...

killabry, did you know that you can get on the wires from the halfpipe on the Bullring comp? and it's also a bit annoying that they can stop you in midair while riding the halfpipe.

The bronze and silver medal runs I had were done only using the halfpipe.

and I've seen people say on that site I listed that they get up to 1280 degrees in rotation, maybe more. Even with max stats it's still a bit tough to get a 900.
    Am I missing something?

mg33

only certain characters can do it.

It is easily done with codes you get when you beat the game. After beating it with every character, u have enough codes to keep you busy for a while.

With codes on, I have beaten 2.2 million. Just grind alot and try to land tricks with manuals when possible.

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

Originally posted by killabry
    With codes on, I have beaten 2.2 million. Just grind alot and try to land tricks with manuals when possible.
    I could beat ANY of you at THPS2! I'll prove it! I've beat the game 7 times, unlocked all characters, and all codes, and have surpassed 6 million points in a single trick! So booyea! Post a screenshot of your highest score and i'll beat it. Just bear with my extremely bad camera.

Mark, email me and i'll send you all the codes, and the whole list of EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER in the game!

[insert any nickname]

that site I listed has all of that there, it's pretty extensive.

mg33

Señor member
    Originally posted by mrxypaxn
    Yeah, i've met him!

If thats even what you're asking.

Umm... i'm, a seasoned veteran of both THPS games and love them so much! I cant really give you any tips 'cause i haven't played it in a while, and am waiting eagerly for THPS3 this fall for PS2!!!! YEA!!!
    Likewise, it's the most playable game ever. I comlpleted it with most of the characters but it got boring having to do the same tasks over and over again though. I just put the cheats in to finish it.