A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic type and masks

hey all,

just finishing off a project, and i'm having a problem that is freaking me out. i have some dynamic text fields that work just fine, until i put them behind a mask, and then the disappear. has anyone else encountered this problem, and does anyone know a workaround?

thanks in advance,

d.

Yup..... I think you have to embed the fonts if you want the text in the dynamic field to appear under a mask.

If you are already embedding them, then it must be something else .... the whole fonts/dynamic text fields and various effects is all a bit hit and miss I'm afraid!

Originally posted by tone001
    Yup..... I think you have to embed the fonts if you want the text in the dynamic field to appear under a mask.

If you are already embedding them, then it must be something else .... the whole fonts/dynamic text fields and various effects is all a bit hit and miss I'm afraid!
    stop the calls, we have a winner! it works fine with the font embedded. thanks, you rock.

the whole dynamic text thing is a good idea, but in execution i've found it to be mostly miss. thanks again.

d.