A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML tags does not work

I'm using the loadVariablesNum command to load (URLEncoded) variables/texts to use in my dynamic textfields.

But when I try to use HTML code, it does not work. The only thing that works is <FONT SIZE="x"> and <U>.. And as soon as I put </FONT> or </U> after the text, it doesn't appear!

How come?! I mean, it can't be that the <>'s are URLEncoded, because the font size works, right?

I suspect then it is the '/' that is causing the problem .... you'll need to encode that too

Have you tried embedding all the fonts .... you'll have to embed the normal ... and the bold (and the italic and the bold italic if you are using those) .... It SHOULD work without doing this, but frankly the whole font/embed thing is a bit ropey in this version.

When I embed, I simply press down the little box that says "embed entire bla" (I don't know the exact words because I'm using a swedish language version of Flash)

Yup ..... BUT that won't embed the bold version of the font, or the italic etc. etc. and the HTML box is capable of displaying more than one font (technically) ... but only embedding the primary font.

Try adding a text box off screen with the bold version of the font in it and embedding that. This should force Flash to embed the bold as well, and then the bold will show up (hopefully)