A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Regional Forums

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Ok then, I've read many people making noises about a Canadian forum or a UK forum etc. etc.
    As there are always issues applying to us that are region specific, not to mention the fact that it's nice to hook up with flash folk who are only down the road, it would be a great idea for flashkit to set up a bunch of regional forums.
    If you do think this is a good idea, reply to this thread with your support, ideas, comments, and most importantly, country or suggestion for a particular regional forum.

My suggestion would be for a UK Forum.

Anybody else?

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    yeah, thanks for replying to my thread http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=181458 along the same lines, I agree, a UK forum is needed, come on guy's (and girl's), the more support for this the better.

Hopefully someone will take some notice...

If you need any help getting the ball rolling email me at paul@mabbacuda.co.uk

All the best

Paul
    [Edited by mabbacuda on 08-09-2001 at 03:26 PM]

If you can gather enough support on the boards we'll do it.

James.

sounds good. I would love to go into the aussie forum and try to find out what a tuckerbag is

yup yup.

p.s. everyone does think it's a good idea. If they don't post to say so, they are just temporarily inconvenienced.

I think it's a great idea!

PS: What is a tuckerbag?

Purply,
    Somar
    [Edited by Somar on 08-10-2001 at 11:17 AM]

I think it's a good idea. But would it just be like a Coffee Lounge for each region or what? Either way it's a good idea.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    I imagine it would be like the coffee lounge and the boardrooom put together. Whatever suits.

Originally posted by SicChild
    I think it's a good idea. But would it just be like a Coffee Lounge for each region or what? Either way it's a good idea.

Alien Bob

I think that the most comman topics of discussion would probably be surrounding contracts, clients people have worked for, and the industry in general in that specific area. As well as any meetings or conferences that may be going on in the area, and life in general.

Paul.....

Just posting to offer my support of the idea of having regional forum's, it's a great idea.

I'm in the Uk so obviously i'd like to see a UK forum but I would also like to see forums for other countries.

Mixter out

Smile okie dokie

I would love an Aussie forum...

I also think they would be (the forums that is) coffee lounge/boardroom like...

Tuckerbag? That is the name of an old supermarket here... they had a brown paperbag as their mascot... it basically means a bag that holds food.

Tuckerbox (eg: "The Dog on the Tuckerbox") means an old style fridge. Like a cool Box. It held all the food in a metal box to stop animals and stuff getting in their. Also stored salted meat....

Alien Bob

Damn Dingo's, don't get none of them in the UK. Apart from the odd dog down the battle cruiser on a Friday night...

You definately have my vote on the UK forum! It'd be interesting to be able to get a regional view of what people are up to as well.

Originally posted by lesli_felix
    Ok then, I've read many people making noises about a Canadian forum or a UK forum etc. etc.
    As there are always issues applying to us that are region specific, not to mention the fact that it's nice to hook up with flash folk who are only down the road, it would be a great idea for flashkit to set up a bunch of regional forums.
    If you do think this is a good idea, reply to this thread with your support, ideas, comments, and most importantly, country or suggestion for a particular regional forum.

My suggestion would be for a UK Forum.

Anybody else?
    Would love a Swedish Forum. Not because i´m swedish, my handle would suggest otherwise...he he. But because i have to use a swedish version of Flash and translating all the help topics is a mindblower.

By the way, yes i live in the land of the midnight sun and blonde bombshells..sic !

The prices are waaaayyyyy too high, so getting drunk is a weeks pay-check ;(

Can we have a UK forum pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Originally posted by jmacgregor
    If you can gather enough support on the boards we'll do it.

James.
    As the man say's if we can get enough support on the board they'll do it so come on my fellow flashers and flashesses add your support.

Cheers
    Mixter Out

"Power to the people"

The Minister of No Crap

I think this is a fantastic idea.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com

oh cool... :)

Originally posted by TheBritt
    By the way, yes i live in the land of the midnight sun and blonde bombshells..sic !

The prices are waaaayyyyy too high, so getting drunk is a weeks pay-check ;( [/B]
    Do you speak Swedish? I used to live in Denmark - and had to learn the language. Was in Sweden a few times too... lovely place.

Re: oh cool... :)

Originally posted by TianaKaeSha
    Originally posted by TheBritt

The prices are waaaayyyyy too high, so getting drunk is a weeks pay-check ;(
    Do you speak Swedish? I used to live in Denmark - and had to learn the language. Was in Sweden a few times too... lovely place.

[/B]
    to "TianaKaeSha"...

Yes, i speak swedish. Have lived here since 1978. Danish is NOT an easy language...he he he...unless you like swallowing food as you speak

Where are you from originally, if i may ask ?

Nice idea!

I was recently forced to speak Danish in the play I was in (Christian IVs Gästabud). It's kinda like Swedish only you speak like you have porridge in your mouth, replace every thrid word with something strange and replace half the numbers with an odd "halvfjärs" combo.