dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Working with consultanting firms as strategic relationships

Anyone have experience working with consulting services companies that basically find the work and farm it out to design firms?

1. How do you find these companies?
    2. How do you structure these relationships?
    3. Positive or negative results?

damn, nice spelling...sorry 'bout that.

The Minister of No Crap

I worked with a company that was nothing but a consulting firm at one point. I hated it. It was basically a guy who had a bunch of friends and wanted to get them all jobs. But this could never worked out since he never had enough work for himself.

I know that he did give out the jobs to companies though. He usually met these companies through friends.

On a more positive note, I know a ton of companies. So does everyone else here. We've all got our contacts. If you are looking for a company to do a particular job, just post what the job is here and you'll either get someone who can do the job or someone who knows someone. You know what I mean.

For example, I have a company in Sri Lanka, India that I outsource some of my database programming to. This is mainly because they can do it for dirt cheap.

Anyway, hope this helps.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com

Thanks, good information. I too send alot of my backend work to another company. I want the consulting company to basically get me the jobs or at least the leads.

This is a good topic so I'm gonna send it back up top. I'd be more than willing to have someone farm out work to me so I don't have to go looking for clients anymore. Frankly, I haven't found out how to succeed in that area yet. Trying direct email now but I don't expect much.

In another post on this forum, I talked about that company that only pays it's designers 30% of what they charge the client. What a joke. I'd rather look for clients than take those table scraps.

Anyone know where to start looking for firms that sub out work and don't try to rob you blind in the process?