A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Low dpi to High dpi

hey everyone,

just wanted to see if anyone had an answer for me or could help me out.

i work for a small advertising firm and do all the graphic design and ad layout for them. one of our clients is having me put an ad together for him and he wants me to add in a better business bureau, americanm express, mastercard, and visa logo. anyway, they need to be at least 300-1200 dpi but since i ripped them from the web they are only 72 dpi. are there any tricks in photoshop that i can use to increase the dpi so that they will hold up when they are printed????????

thanks...

gil

Ambassador of Style
    No. The logos will look completely shoddy. I recommend either retracing them in Illustrator or I know there are "stock-art" CD's that contain nothing but company logos and such. Try PhotoDisc or Eyewire.

-A02

I agree with AGENT 02. You can pump up the dpi, but it won't improve the image quality. The only thing "cheating" the dpi works for is to allow some filters to work more smoothly. Print quality won't change from your original, though.

May I suggest, in addition to AGENT's fine solution, that you contact the companies you need logos from. If they, indeed, do not mind you using their logo, they may be more than happy to provide you with a print quality or vector logo.

Good Luck.
    DainBramaged

zfzoom is a new plug-in that is supposed to be able to resize images using vector graphics up to 1,200% of the original. not sure if this would help you but i think they may have a site of the same name.

Originally posted by julianthomas
    zfzoom is a new plug-in that is supposed to be able to resize images using vector graphics up to 1,200% of the original. not sure if this would help you but i think they may have a site of the same name.

Where can I find this filter? And idea? I tried a cursory search and couldn't find anything relevant.

I've never heard of the zfzoom filter. What I have done before is actually scan in a m/c card and then modify the text and numbers in Photo Shop. Just find a close font emboss and adjust the layer tranp. But this would require that you physically had to have the card you need.
    [Edited by megatoon on 08-11-2001 at 02:41 PM]

Samuel C. Granato
    Multimedia Utopia

try this:
    http://www.pbs.dk/nyheder/grafik.htm

I just did a search on google "visa logo + eps"

you could probably find the same with mc and ae.

peace

thanks everyone, i ended up just scanning in some logos i found in the phone book and then cleaned them up in photoshop. it was for a black and white ad so it turned out fine. thanks for all the suggestions...