dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating A Site Similar to eLance.com

I love it! Count me in.. I can do the interface. I think elance.com is a rip off, Sitefly.com is ok but they only have like 10 projects a day.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Well.. All it takes is for someone to get a domain.. Since we could all use the work - I am sure we ALL would have no problems contributing..

Anyone wanna take a risk?

Hmm, I am "really" thinking about this....if I did do it it'd be a couple of months down the road though. I just landed a full-time job which a huge network so I am quite busy right now, I'd have to wait until it settles out.

Thanks for all you support, I don't need anyone to do the interface, or frtonend stuff....that's all easy. Although, I will probabably need people to volunteer their time to write the script for this site....and of course if you did you'd be part-owner.

Think we could alot majority of the poeple on this board to send e-mails to "all" of their past clients and tell me to tell thier freinds and stuff about the site. (To get clients on there)....what are some other ways for targeting clients in advertising, so that the clients already on there don't get swamped by thousands of designers.

Well, thanks for all your comments...I am seriously considering this down the road.

I will take the risk. I will do it for sure, im registering a name right now. Thing is, how do we get this going, who do we make get the money? I guess I will take charge if anyone wants to follow, I need a backend guy doing perl maybe, a marketing guy, and a flash guy. Email me at flash@zoomforce.com if anyone is interested in taking this out of the boardroom and into place.

hey it was my idea piss off! hee hee hee Count me in. I can Market an ice cube to a polar bear.

Actually it was my idea, I started the thread. And now you are stealing it! You probably havent even planned it out...I don't think you are going to get far....heh

who me? thats not a very nioce thing to say.

no, not you

good cause i think its a great idea and it would work.. but wasn't it your idea to begin with?

Yes, that's what I was getting at. I made this post, and I was planning to do this project the newflasher comes along and says great idea, I am doing it.. I need these types of people blah blah blah....

I feel it was my idea and it is my project, and he can't just come and say I like that idea I am taking it over.

ok, i will do it with you, I think its a great idea and didnt realize he stole your idea

mmmm...

I don't think it is your idea or his idea. This idea was before both of you.. So if you don't have time to do it. I am going for him. He is doing it not thinking about it like you..

Count me in....

Hey, I think i can make a page like sitefly's, it looks like an auciton script, but I have a feeling it's a little more complicated, like how does a bid end? mm could tkae like 10,000 lines of code.

ok, I think I am going to take on this project now...I have made room. I will need alot of support though....can I some suggestions for names?

Also, anyone wanna donate a domain & hosting? =)

If you wanna helpout you can msg me on aim: thesickchild69

sic, im in, let me know what you need.

Hey, do you have aim or msn? MSG me on there and we can talk.

MSN: ddstudios@hotmail.com
    AIM: thesickchild69

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

Not to sound like..

Being a marketing major I can tell you..

the name is EVERYTHING. Try to create something strong, and easy to remember. What corporate, unartisitc executive is going to think 'SiteFly' when it comes time to get some art done.. It just does not sound good..

Also - I think you should include print, photography, painting, etc.. Dont just limit it to Flash / Web..

Use formats similar to elance.com, but with more scrutiny over BS quotes like an E-Com site for $10.00

I can help with alot.. just not any backend stuff. I can make some stuff look good - but dont know squat about the tech./databse/bidding stuff..

I think hes on to us better go hide somewhere

o.k. i wiss see you under the covers.