A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text

Hybrid View

can someone tell me how to make my text follow the shape of a circle? i need to do this in either flash or fireworks. i don't mean a motion tween. i mean just plain old text in the shape of a circle!

thanks!
    -Seth

Post u mean......

u mean that the text characters are rotated to as if they rely on a circle outside part?

you don't have illustrator or photoshop, do you? because you can do it in those pretty easily. Flash, you'll probably have to end up breaking apart the words and aligning the letters along a circle. Don't know about fireworks.

I do mine in XaraX .... better than Freehand/Illustrator if you ask me! (a lot cheaper and exports to SWF .... nice) http://www.xara.com

illustrator also exports to swf so does freehand. just to give you options. I dont like XaraX, but thats me.

-Aaron

i have photoshop. can someone tell me how with that?

thanks!!!
    -Seth

i can tell you in fireworks... i believe if you select your text and select the circle, you can go into your top menus and select "attach" and then in that same menu pallet you can select its orientation.... i am doin this blind since i dont have Fireworks here at work, but if you wanna email me, i can send you the "how to" tonight sometime...

Jeff

Originally posted by jmdesign
    i can tell you in fireworks... i believe if you select your text and select the circle, you can go into your top menus and select "attach" and then in that same menu pallet you can select its orientation.... i am doin this blind since i dont have Fireworks here at work, but if you wanna email me, i can send you the "how to" tonight sometime...

Jeff
    that would be great!!! i'm pretty comfortable with fireworks. so let me know how any chance you get.
    thanks!

-Seth