dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Flags to indicate members country

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    79
    Just a suggestion but i'd like to see a little flag next to the members name to indicate what country there from.

    Any thought's welcome

    Cheers
    Mixter Out

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    155
    That'll be pretty cool. Just to show how international FK really is.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    6
    I agree!

  4. #4
    Bamboozled snoop_doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    1,278
    thats a cool idea, i like the flag you have in your footer britpop

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    310
    Sorry snoop_doug, not following you around. Just chatting in the same rooms...

    Anyway, my footer says it all. Twould be good with a flag, oh yay !

    Now to crash, where Mr Sandman will bless my weary brow and close my portals to this chaotic world....zzzz..zzz....zzz

  6. #6
    Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    Posts
    346
    it only need be the same size as the message icons you see when you write a new message. I agree it would be good to see where people come from. how many different flags do you think you would need though. I know looking at the various domains that have visited my website, it's going to be pretty high, and this site gets a lot more hit's than my one ever will....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by mabbacuda
    it only need be the same size as the message icons you see when you write a new message. I agree it would be good to see where people come from. how many different flags do you think you would need though. I know looking at the various domains that have visited my website, it's going to be pretty high, and this site gets a lot more hit's than my one ever will....
    The UK alone has 9, 10 if you include the UK flag itself..

    Falkland Islands
    England
    Guernsey
    Jersey
    Northern Ireland
    Orkney Islands
    Scotland
    Shetland Islands
    Wales


    Check this site out...
    http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian...8/flags_a.html

  8. #8
    Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    Posts
    346
    I think that's going a little ott. A union jack flag would be just fine. Actually it might just be better to have a flag to say which continent you are from?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by mabbacuda
    I think that's going a little ott. A union jack flag would be just fine. Actually it might just be better to have a flag to say which continent you are from?
    OTT ??
    Say that when its Scotland v England

    I think flags would be great as would be regional forums, but dosnt seem like thats happening either


  10. #10
    Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    Posts
    346
    I didn't say i'd prefer to have a Union Jack. Individual flags for countries would be a lot better, but I just couldn't see them doing it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by mabbacuda
    I didn't say i'd prefer to have a Union Jack. Individual flags for countries would be a lot better, but I just couldn't see them doing it.
    Same here, too much work probably and too many graphics etc etc. All these footers seem to be taking a toll on the server as it is, especially during peak hours. Sometimes i cant even loggin and im on DSL !

    If we keep this thread alive, maybe, just maybe, thay will try it out.



  12. #12
    Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    Posts
    346
    I don't very often access the boards at home as I've still only got a 56k modem. Keep waiting for NTL or BT to get their arses into gear so I can get a broardband connection, hopefully should be able to get one in a couple of weeks. I'm fairly lucky at work as we have a 1/2Mb leased line.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by mabbacuda
    I don't very often access the boards at home as I've still only got a 56k modem. Keep waiting for NTL or BT to get their arses into gear so I can get a broardband connection, hopefully should be able to get one in a couple of weeks. I'm fairly lucky at work as we have a 1/2Mb leased line.
    My DSL is only 526 as well, but its great. Dont have to worry about how long im on line. But the cost over here is going up next month. Costs about 250 swedish kronor now, thats about 18/month. The initial cost for the modem was about 95 (one time only cost). But when you work out that i can surf unlimited time and phone at the same time

    I was paying that before just being online an hour or two a day.

    Keep on bro


  14. #14
    Moonlight shadow asheep_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,010
    Set the scene: This thread (all above) was written in August 2001, it is now April 2002

    I would like to bring up this old Feedback comment. I think it would be a great idea. Now Mr Starkey is in charge, I am sure he could do it.


  15. #15
    Civilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    3,210
    I like it. I'll see what I can do.

  16. #16
    Moonlight shadow asheep_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,010
    Just at the bottom of the author details on the right. Sound a good place?

  17. #17
    Work sucks ]v[orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    198
    Yeah at the bottom, in front of the Profile link or next to the username.

  18. #18
    Retired Mod aversion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    insomnia
    Posts
    7,917
    as long as it's not tied to any one country, i've lived in 4 different countries in the last 2 years and i'd like to be able to change the flag to represent where i am rather than who i am...

    or should it be stuck to your country of citizenship?





  19. #19
    Moonlight shadow asheep_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,010
    Both

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center