dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CorlDraw Text question.

resolved

I'm a fresh CorlDraw user. When I use CorlDraw's Text tool to type vertical text,it seems that the whole text just was rotated 90 deg.But it's not the effect I want.I want every character of them rotate 90 deg.just like the staff below:
    R
    O
    T
    A
    T
    E
    But it won't work. And I've already check the Format Text Window and found that my Text Direction's Direction option was unavailable there? Why?
    By the way,Can anyone give me some good CorlDraw sites?
    Thanks a lot.
    [Edited by udreamer on 08-14-2001 at 07:59 PM]

The easiest way to do this is to hit the enter key after each letter. This isn't something that is built into CorelDraw. They are great at orienting text to a path--like a curve, etc. Somethings we have to do for ourselves.
    http://www.designer.com/ is about the only site that I can think of. Corel also has multiple newsgroups you can subscribe to.
    [Edited by phacker on 08-15-2001 at 02:20 PM]

Thank you so much. Now I see that I have to press carriage return key after every character.Sometime I think it's a little troublesome. But I found that when I use other language such as Simplified Chinese character,it's interesting that every character rotate 90 deg one by one.At that time you just can't set them to be rotated as a whole. It looks funny.
    Thank you a million for providing me such a wonderful site.

I am just glad there is another Corel user out there. Wish there were more Corel resource sites out there, but the one other ones that I have found want some sort of subscription price, and I am not in a position where I can afford that sort of thing.

Yeah,It's so nice to meet you here. Mostly I use Photoshop to make the interface of education software. But recently while I using Flash in Multimedia staffs I found that I need to know vectorgraph. I choose CorelDraw.In it's latest version you can export swf files and use Corel R.A.V.E creat swf movies.Very exciting.
    Thank you again for your efforts. And wish there are more CorelDraw users and free sites.