A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SiteFly.com

yup i agree time to go undercover

nah man i aint in to that kinda stuff

me niether. lets run to the hills then!

o.k last one to the top is a rotten egg

Originally posted by nocrapchurch

Or you could be like majortom and charge 1 million every project. That way, if you score one then you are set for life.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com
    damn....took me long enuff to find the post. HA

Anyway, I have never had good luck with these service promotion sites where you pay for bids. Although I have never used elance.com. I was using onvia.com but they are discontinuing their B 2 C and B 2 B strategy and going to a B 2 G ) business to govt. strategy so they are going to do away with the RFQs this month.

I am more a fan of working WITH companies where we can mutualy benefit. I bid on at least 15 projects where the bidding was limited to 10 firms and never got a call. I know we can compete design wize so I always wonder if the RFQs are legit. Hmmm....who knows.

But, I would be interested to know if elance.com is worth a darn.

Originally posted by MajorTom

Or you could be like majortom and charge 1 million every project. That way, if you score one then you are set for life.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com
    damn....took me long enuff to find the post. HA

Anyway, I have never had good luck with these service promotion sites where you pay for bids. Although I have never used elance.com. I was using onvia.com but they are discontinuing their B 2 C and B 2 B strategy and going to a B 2 G ) business to govt. strategy so they are going to do away with the RFQs this month.

I am more a fan of working WITH companies where we can mutualy benefit. I bid on at least 15 projects where the bidding was limited to 10 firms and never got a call. I know we can compete design wize so I always wonder if the RFQs are legit. Hmmm....who knows.

But, I would be interested to know if elance.com is worth a darn.

What features would like to to see if someone made a site similar to those? Which would make it much better than the rest? Anything specific?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SicChild
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by MajorTom
    [B]

What features would like to to see if someone made a site similar to those? Which would make it much better than the rest? Anything specific?
    OK...my take on it:

I think you should get what you pay for. I am not asking for a month or two free. I think that the problem is that the sites that offer the service basically could care less if anyone gets a job out of it. For every person that leaves cuz they are not getting work, more will join to try and get work.

I would instead like to see a site that truely partners up with the designers. They truely have an interest in getting the design firms work.

I think it should be this way ( it being a elance.com type site ):

First of all, they should only accept and work with firms/individuals who they can sell. Now, I realize that this could leave alot of potential customers out in the dark but this is business and my plan is different than charging $3 for each bid.

The site would find the work, and match it with the appropriate designer. Designers would be routinely screened and judged on a point system by referrals, works, skill sets, etc. There would be a standard pricing strategy that every designer would charge the site for the work they do. The site, instead of making $3/bid could make whatever they can resell the designers work for. It works this way already when you team up with a PR firm. You bid it out to the PR firm and they go with you if they can make what they need to off the work and if they like your work of course.

This will not happen because the sites can make a killing off the $3 bids. A client can post a job and the designers all bid on it ( 50 bids and $3 each is $150 ) and the site does no work. They make money regardless of if the client gets a good designer or even if the job is a legit one.

I liked onvia.com cuz they only took the first 10 bids....problem...it was hard to be one of those first 10, you had to hit the site often throughout the day and get lucky.

Others dont have a limit on the amount of bids they accept. This is bad cuz if your bid 50 of 75 good luck even getting read.

The solution is in the middle, a limited number of designers that work WITH the site and all are happy. The designers are rotated in by the site with perferred status to those that have received rave reviews from existing site clients.

Wow you got some great ideas...I'd like to talk to you some more. Do you have AIM, ICQ, or MSN messenger so I can talk with you? I am interested in making a site like this...I like the idea of reselling the designers work..and having a limited number of designers.

I think the hard parts would be creating a full script to do all this (if anyone is interesting in volunteering thier backend services let me know), and getting clients.

Anywho, I'd really like to talk with you more.

Sirchild, i thought we were going to work together? no? I guess i made you mad sorry. Us both being so young i thought you would understand

First of all, don't start sh*t Corp. For those of you that don't know, Corp is also newflasher33, he also made the post about finding flash designers (which was a lie) to draw attention to sitefly.com then contacted me and said he owned sitefly, and blah blah, and lied some more. After he lied a bunch I figured it out and now he is exposed. He is actually a little kid that pretents to be someone he is not just to get attention...I find it pitiful. Just like to say...don't believe anything he says.

Its a sophisticated industry commanding a great deal of expertise and capital. The resources involved to just start a successful venture in this arena can cost in upwards of $100K. Most of the established ones are spin offs of other successful consulting and recruiting firms that can pull from their talent base and experience to get thru the tuff times.

I already have one business thats tuff enuff to manage. I wouldnt even want to try to get involved in something like this. Hard enough to find your own clients let alone those for others. But the right person with a business background and natural sales skills could create a revolutionary concept...IMO.

AIM Y7JON

sorry sirchild, i know i shouldnt of pretended to own sitefly, i just thought if i was someone important someone would listen to me. I can't even get a drivers lisense letalone get a webhost. I just want to make websites. I am very sorry i lied and i will not do it anymore.

And major tom, thank you for the reality check. I do not have 100,000 dollars to spend on a site like that, although its a million dollar idea i think. I will learn a little more about webdesign then i will come back. And sorry to anyone else who i wasnt honest with. I learned my lesson i know now. Thanks to you child for setting me straight. Its not good to pretend to be someone else, and the owners has let me know they do not approve me being affiliated with them. Thanks everyone.

oh to be young and full of snide again. live it! love it! your only young once then you have to live it from within and you dont get away with half as much. no blood no foul

peace out

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

Hidden Identities..

You guys are too funny..

thanks major tom i think. I have a problem with my feelings and it freaks people out when i tell them them so sometimes i just rpetend to be someone else. I thikn its a normal part of growing up but nobody else seems to think it is. But thanks for forgiving me if i understand you right. I like your site by the way to, is that news that scrolls up taking from an outside file or is it just part of the movie. I think it would be cool to have a live news feed in flash.

Re: Hidden Identities..

Originally posted by Eyenovation
    You guys are too funny..
    I hope it is funny cause i learned its not. very serious people on this web board and I just about got myself into big big big trouble. I know i lost a friend that could of been really good friend, sirchild. he is a mentor for me.