A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: forms??????

I have created a contact form and need to put whatever code or scripts needed to be able to send it. I have placed my text fields and entered Name, address, phone, etc. in the variable fields. I have created a submit button and need to know where to go from here. I was told I would be given the raw code (cgi). I have also been trying to understand where this code goes and what else is needed to make this work. I did read something about defining the recipient. Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on this for me. I have very little experience with html and actionscripting but am doing my best to learn and understand as much as possible.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help,
    TC

What is your goal?

If you want the form to store information in database (on a web sever) then your going to need .asp, and scripts (like you mentioned before) to tell the server what to do with the inforfation it is getting.

I think you best option is to cut out the servers and have the results mailed to you as a text file. This means your form is submitted to "mailto:you@yourwebsite.com" and will arrive as a text file. You will need to understand the formatting of the file, but I have used this method along with an excel macro which formats all the text and stores it in a spreadsheet.