A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Banners and buttons - Help please

Hybrid View

I'm trying to make a banner that I can link a page to. Do I need to make the banner first in a movie clip, then convert it to a button, or just create the banner within a scene and convert it to a button? I'm a newb to Flash, obviously, so if someone could give me a simple walkthrough to create a banner and convert it to a button I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Make your movieclip then insert that into a movie and add another layer make a button the size of your movieclip and there you go. publish it hope this helps

Thanks, pea3698 for the help

One more question, for now anyway. Do I make the button invisible? If so, how? Or do I just put the button on a layer behind the banner?

Re: Thanks, pea3698 for the help

ok I owe you an apology. I should have told you how to do that the first time around. Put your button in the layer on top of your movieclip. To make the button transparent: When you are building your button leave all the states except the hit state empty. Then in the hit frame add the shape and size of the button. I usually take the object im going to cover up copy paste in and trace it or just change it. Actually you can just leave it there cause noone ever sees the hit state of a button.

Ohhh, I see

*Lightbulb comes on over my head*

No apology necessary. Thanks alot for the help.